Just joined...have some questions for you experienced CD/DVD guys

A few weeks ago, I bought the standard download of dvdnextcopy. So far it has worked pretty well. I did have to download it more that once. I have dvd43 as a plug-in.

Yesterday I thought I was doing quite well on a movie I was copying until it came to the end of the movie…the clock went to 0 seconds left. There was an error message from windows, something about an appcrash when I hit details. This was a warner brothers movie…anyone out there having problems with this? I did another movie later and had no problems…just the WB movie.

Also, which are the best dvd disc out there?

Thanks, Stevo:bow:

Hello stevo711, welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

I can’t answer your 1st question, as I use DVDFab Platinum myself, but hopefully others can.

As for the best discs…the best ones that are easily available I’d say are Verbatim. If you want to shop online, there’s also Taiyo Yuden-manufactured discs under various brands.

Moving thread to the Newbie Forum. :wink:

@ stevo711
DVD43 was ok in 2003 when I was using DVD X Copy Xpress. I would remove it and install AnyDVD for breaking encryptions. They give you a 21 day free trial. I bought it years back and no complaints about.It is updated often and at no extra cost to you. I think that is your problem DVD43 isn’t updated to keep up with the ever changing encryptions.
Burn On,
Russell

I would say that is has an issue with the copy protection that is contained with that Warner Brothers Film.

A no cost solution would be to use these three programs as they will accomplish you needs for DvD burning.

DvDFaB HD Decrypter
DvD Shrink
ImgBurn

A cost solution

DvDFaB Platinum

or

AnyDvD with Clonecd and/or CloneDvD

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1925363]
As for the best discs…the best ones that are easily available I’d say are Verbatim. If you want to shop online, there’s also Taiyo Yuden-manufactured discs under various brands.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=platinumsword;1925389]A no cost solution would be to use these three programs as they will accomplish you needs for DvD burning.

DvDFaB HD Decrypter
DvD Shrink
ImgBurn

A cost solution

DvDFaB Platinum

or

AnyDvD with Clonecd and/or CloneDvD

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]
Yup, that pretty much sums it up…:iagree:
My 2 cents…I’m partial to Fab platinum…it’ll do everything including my mpeg-4 conversions for my Ipod, but I own AnyDVD as well and it too is an excellent product.

I want to thank you all for your advice…It’s always good to have some expert advice…I will try your suggestions and get back to you on my success!