Just how filthy is your keyboard?

vbimport

My keyboard had gotten to the point it actually offended me to type on it. After a semi-thorough cleaning with antiseptics, chisels, sandpaper, and various brushes, it has some of its original color showing through again, and no longer appears to be a science experiment gone wrong. I also found enough cat hair to make Miss Kitty a new wig.

For a quick test, turn your keyboard upside down and shake it a bit. If your desk is obscured with debris, consider your keyboard a 5 on the scale. Minor speckles score lower (though bugs of any sort propel you off the scale).

Mines is clean, but i need a new one as all the letter symbols have worn off.
Maybe i just talk to much :slight_smile:

I have enough spare food in mine to feed a small African village…
It would rate a -5…

Well… I can see the lettering on all the keys, there are no visible cockroaches, and I don’t detect a smell from my normal typing position.

Can’t say I clean it very often though - it’s probably on a biennual schedule.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2449081]I also found enough cat hair to make Miss Kitty a new wig.[/QUOTE] Are you saying Ms FluffyKitteh wears a wig now?! :eek:
Consider carefully your options and insurance before answering. :stuck_out_tongue:

I rated mine as normal filth and considering I have been using it continuously since 1993 I think that is a pretty good rating. I give it a good cleaning which includes an upside down shake followed with a good blast from a can of air about twice a year.

I have one of those Saiteks that have 3 colors that glow in the background , Since it is one a slide out tray under a glass table it is actually pristine. The glass table above it is your average landfill though.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2449092]
Are you saying Ms FluffyKitteh wears a wig now?! :eek:
Consider carefully your options and insurance before answering. :p[/QUOTE]

Drage is trying to get me killed. :eek:
I didn’t say she has a wig now, though she has been known to wear some odd topknots on occasion. I still remember her evil hat. :slight_smile:

Disassembled and cleaned mine recently. So no more food for these little animals :bigsmile:
Some keys are shiny but this is normal wear :wink:

Michael

Laptops are ok; but the wireless could use a cleaning.

My keyboard never had close encounters of the fourth type with coffee or other beverages, and I never type when I’m eating pizza, so except for some dust in the borders my keyboard is pretty clean :bigsmile:

I think a picture speaks for itself here :wink:

I am soooo dirty!:wink:
oh,the keyboard ,I thought I was in 1 of [U]our [/U]chatrooms. sorry!:rolleyes:
I keep mine pretty clean,I have a few keyboards ,so they get switched around alot depending on usb or p/s2 compatibility

:bigsmile: word to RCM try a degreaser or maybe some scrubbing bubbles

[QUOTE=dave.evill;2449181]I am soooo dirty!:wink:
oh,the keyboard ,I thought I was in 1 of [U]our [/U]chatrooms. sorry!:rolleyes:
I keep mine pretty clean,I have a few keyboards ,so they get switched around alot depending on usb or p/s2 compatibility

:bigsmile: word to RCM try a degreaser or maybe some scrubbing bubbles[/QUOTE]

I think some industrial strength acid would work on mine! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=RCM;2449174]I think a picture speaks for itself here ;)[/QUOTE]Yikes. :eek:
That keyboard looks like it could walk out of the room on its own. :flower:

[QUOTE=Dee;2449208]Yikes. :eek:
That keyboard looks like it could walk out of the room on its own. :flower:[/QUOTE]

… or have weeds growing out of it. :eek:

Mines just fine but the letters on the keys are starting to disappear. Could vote as mine isn’t in the list.

[QUOTE=UTR;2449226]… or have weeds growing out of it. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Not yet! :bigsmile:

To clean. :slight_smile:

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=RCM;2449174]I think a picture speaks for itself here :wink:

[/QUOTE]

Wow that’s off the scale! :eek:

I think we need a new category for that one, ‘injurious to human health’. :bigsmile:

Seriously though I couldn’t bring myself to use that.

Time for a new one my friend and if you’ll pardon the pun they’re dirt cheap these days. :slight_smile:

Mine’s like Dee’s, clean but the letters are wearing off.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Not too bad so far, but I’ve only had these for a (few) months…just a little dust. :slight_smile: