Just got my Benq DW822A today

Looks nice so far…8 meg buffer built in bitsetting in firmware…will be running some test on media soon. only thing that bothers me is it says 8x4 on the bios id of the drive…will have to run some tests to see if it will burn -dvrs at 8x. im thinking if not a fw upgrade would do it.:wink:

maybe the x4 is for the dvdrw speed

i think it burn -R at only 4X. not really sure bout that but according to benq’s page that’s what it says.

im thinking they are going to upgrade it with firmware as the 800 has the same settings.

Originally posted by Jamos
im thinking they are going to upgrade it with firmware as the 800 has the same settings.

As far as I know there will not be 8x DVD-R or 4x DVD-RW with this drive. Only 4x DVD-R and 2x DVD-RW.

how does the builtin bitsetting work?

if you have a liteon drive, please post some kprobe scans :wink:

they have thier own propriatary bitsetting program…not sure if dvdinfopro works with it. havent burned anything yet still ripping all day five years worth of episodes:(

one thing i noticed in the manual it said something about nero will reset bitsetting if it is used. its supposed to be in a readme file. hmmm is that a bug in nero?

too bad they will not up the dvd- burning…wonder why? guess they figure with bitsetting everyone is going to use + media.

it does have a 8 meg. buffer which is nice.