Just got a coaster, help with new Nero-9 options

vbimport

I mainly use my burner for writing Data only.
Previously I used Nero express-6

now I just installed Nero 9

and now I see many new options like-
High compatibility mode,
book type setting- automatic, dvd rom, physical disk type, current recorder setting.

I tried writing a data disk using the default options and it failed to finish writing.

now please tell me what options do I have to choose/unchoose if I am writing mainly DATA DVDs, and in the plain and simple way Nero 6 used to write it.

Best advice I can give you, is to use ImgBurn.

[QUOTE=beef barley;2141577]Best advice I can give you, is to use ImgBurn.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I’ll check that out.

also while I was searching the net I found infrarecorder an open source recorder, and I think it’s good and you should check it out.

but If someone can help me solve the nero problem will be great help.

[QUOTE=dhawald3;2141565]I mainly use my burner for writing Data only.

High compatibility mode,
book type setting- automatic, dvd rom, physical disk type, current recorder setting.

I tried writing a data disk using the default options and it failed to finish writing.

now please tell me what options do I have to choose/unchoose if I am writing mainly DATA DVDs, and in the plain and simple way Nero 6 used to write it.[/QUOTE]

Nero 9 is new but there should have been a burning log. Please post a burning log so we can look at what is going on.

[quote=dhawald3;2141565]I mainly use my burner for writing Data only.

High compatibility mode,
book type setting- automatic, dvd rom, physical disk type, current recorder setting.[/quote]These options were present with Nero 6 also. Some are depending on the burner (and media) you are using.
Normally, none of these options should affect plain data discs.

Michael