Just got 40125w but how

vbimport

hi,
just got it with ws03, works great, copy safedisk 2.51 without prob and 80 min cds in 3min, but I have several questions.
1/ What is the best IDE combination, now maxtor ide0 toshiba ide2 and liteon ide3, is that good? I'm planning to buy a second hdd, so then what combination sould I use?
2/What are the best settings for EAC? I use it because it's the only good soft for audio with feurio but currently feurio doesn't recognize this burner.
3/IS Mount rainier supported by this firmware?
When will Mount rainier work in Xp in a native manner without a crappy 3rd prog?

Thanks

1/ What is the best IDE combination, now maxtor ide0 toshiba ide2 and liteon ide3, is that good? I’m planning to buy a second hdd, so then what combination sould I use?

Do you want to copy on the fly?
Then you’re likely to have trouble if you connect the reader and the writer to the same ide.
If you add a new hdd, it’s best to buy an additional ide controller (here, a promise ultra 100 tx2 costs 45 Euro) and connect the hard disks to the additional controller.

If you do not want to copy on the fly, then connect both hard discs to one ide channel and the toshiba and the liteon to the second channel.

[EAC] I use it because it’s the only good soft for audio with feurio but currently feurio doesn’t recognize this burner.

You can read the reason on the feurio homepage.
LiteOn is not interested in making their latest writers work correctly with feurio, so they do not provide its author with the necessary technical information. It will never be supported if liteon doesn’t change its mind.

1: I prefer to not have writers at secondary slave (4), else if you want to copy on the fly it’s a good idea to not have the reader and writer at the same channel.

2: True about Feurio. EAC, don’t use it much, but do you need any special settings?/What settings do you want information about?

3: Not supported in this firmware. Will never be native support in win xp if I’ve heared correct. You need to wait for next M$ OS for that.

Thats right, there is no fully support in Feurio for 40125W, but I burned all my music related cdrs with those both in the last 4 weeks and it worked very well. Took the generic MMC driver that comes with Feurio1.65