Just downloaded AnyDVD and CloneDVD but

vbimport

It doesn’t seem to be any faster than using DVD Shrink and Nero together. Is there something that I am doing wrong? It took me about 50 minutes to encode and burn a movie that was 1 1/2 hours long. This if fine with me but I have read that using AnyDVD and CloneDVD is supposed to be much quicker but I am just not seeing it. Is there anything that I should be checking setting wise?

Are you ripping the DVD to your hard drive as well? If you are running anydvd in the background then you dont need to rip the disc. Just select the DVD drive as your source in clonedvd

Yes, I believe that it is putting it onto the hard disk too. I am guessing that is wrong? I will go stop it and see wat setting I can change. As I was using DVD Shrink before it didn’t have a problem if the movie was more than 120 minutes as it would compress it for me, does AnyDVD do this also?

That’s about the normal time it takes for a Movie, you can always speed up your burning to DVD something like x 12 or x 16 but then your DVD player might have problems playing it. :wink:

The only thing anydvd does is to remove the copy protection. In theory this should be faster because it saves the time needed for ripping the dvd contents to the hard drive first.

are you selecting your DVD drive with the original disc in as your source?

This is where I am getting confused. I am at the screen for “output method” and my burner is selected under DVD writer but then at the bottom on the right hand side it also states “options: Temporary directly for video files” and it has my hard drive selected under that. How do I stop this from occurring?

I have now tried to redo this a couple of times and it appears to keep on writing to the hard drive first. I am running CloneDVD2 version 2.5.4.3 and I am selecting “cloneDVD” to start. I guess I should just stick with what I know, LOL.

It still has to write the temporary encoded files before they are burnt to disc. The only process that anyDVD bypasses is the ripping to hard disc.

Ok, I fully understand what DVD Shrink does and what AnyDVD does. So I guess my question is is AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 any better than using DVD Shrink and Nero together? I have both on my system and am trying to decide if one gives a better burn or not. Otherwise, I will stick with my free software. Any thoughts?

Well if you are happy with your free software than keep using it! I don’t think there is much difference in the two, with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 it only takes a few clicks from start to finish that’s all. But a lot of people are happy using DVD Shrink and Nero. :wink: