Just checking: best way to handle Verb MIS +DL

vbimport

I snapped up a few spindles of 10 Verbatim DVD+R DLs, MIS, 2.4x. 1.69 Euro per disc.

Now that I have my first expensive dual layer discs I’m getting nervous :bigsmile: If I may summarize what I found regarding burning these here on the forum:

• burn at 4x
  • bookset to DVD-Rom

Correct? I have at my disposal a Pioneer DVR212 1.24 and a Lite-on 20A1H LL0C.

I gather the Pioneer does not support booksetting, so I’m left with only the Lite-on for burning. Though the Pioneer would give the best result? I though I read a while back the adapted firmwares for the Pioneer with booksetting enabled had worse burn results… quite a dilemma.

So, should I trust the Lite-on with these babies? Any tips what to look out for before I lose my dual layer virginity? :bigsmile::bigsmile:

Moomin

Pioneer burners with DL capability auto-booktype DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM even with the stock firmwares.

Didn’t know that! Thanks for the tip. Guess I’ll go try the water now :bigsmile:

Moomin

[QUOTE=Moomin;2031578] I read a while back the adapted firmwares for the Pioneer with booksetting enabled had worse burn results… quite a dilemma. [/QUOTE]

How would booksetting enabled create a worse (or better) quality burn? Do you know what booksetting is?

Anyways, DL + Pioneer = win.

And use Imagburn for them , not nero :slight_smile:

I’ve also had my first experience with Verb DL few weeks ago and burnt the 5 discs with very good quality @4x with Pioneer 111L

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2031720]How would booksetting enabled create a worse (or better) quality burn? Do you know what booksetting is?

Anyways, DL + Pioneer = win.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know what booksetting is. The firmwares that allow it are not official firmwares and it seems the modders tinkered with the strategies as well, or so I read.

I’ll try ImageBurn too, thanks Michael.

Moomin

[QUOTE=Moomin;2032497]Yes, I know what [B]booksetting[/B] is. The firmwares that allow it are not official firmwares [B]and it seems the modders tinkered with the strategies as well[/B], or so I read.

I’ll try ImageBurn too, thanks Michael.

Moomin[/QUOTE]

Probably not!

“booksetting” is non-existent, there is only [B]bitsetting and booktyping[/B].

NO ONE altered any write strategy within the known patched firmwares!

Well, I don’t remember where / in what thread I read about it, but someone there complained about it. In any case, I’m glad the book-set-bit-typing thing :stuck_out_tongue: works automatically with stock firmware :wink:

Moomin