Just brought DVDFab Copy

vbimport

hi
i made a full movie copy of the last air bender using ver.8.0.6.4 beta.
then use dvd shrink i’m still missing title 11.
I gotten two keys one from DVDFab the other Ava… from emails.

Why are you using dvd shrink if you have the paid version as it will compress the movie also, either key should work, the easiest way is to click on the attachment that came with the key to reg. it

Hi.
Jimbo I like to use DVD Shrink to double check copy make sure have all Titles before burning to DL disks.
Also use DVD Shrink to edit main movie beginning and ending parts .
Don’t compress to make space on external drive for WD TV HD Media Player.
DVD Shrink on Full Disc under Main Movie no Title 11 but under unreferenced Material show VTS4 5,125 MB.
Under Re-author no Title11 in Main Movie or Extras.
Should I have uninstall DVDFab 8 before using key ? Been using HD Decrypter.
My name and Licensee # is next to DVD Copy and do I need to recopy & paste Registration Key every time I start DVDFab it blank now.

Thanks your replys

[QUOTE=SuperDuty;2565808]Hi.
Jimbo I like to use DVD Shrink to double check copy make sure have all Titles before burning to DL disks.
Also use DVD Shrink to edit main movie beginning and ending parts .
Don’t compress to make space on external drive for WD TV HD Media Player.
DVD Shrink on Full Disc under Main Movie no Title 11 but under unreferenced Material show VTS4 5,125 MB.
Under Re-author no Title11 in Main Movie or Extras.
Should I have uninstall DVDFab 8 before using key ? Been using HD Decrypter.
My name and Licensee # is next to DVD Copy and [B]do I need to recopy & paste Registration Key every time I start DVDFab it blank now[/B].

Thanks your replys[/QUOTE]

Are you having a problem with DVDFab retaining your registration if so sounds like your running either Vista hom premium or Win 7 home premium is this correct ?

BTW…some titles are used as dummy titles to throw off coipying software, if the backup files/movie plays OK I wouldn’t worry about title 11.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2565765]Why are you using dvd shrink if you have the paid version as it will compress the movie also, either key should work, the easiest way is to click on the attachment that came with the key to reg. it[/QUOTE]

Jimbo

I have the paid version and I use Shrink as well. The re-authoring (and, as noted by the op, editing) capabilities of Shrink are far better than those in Fab. Fab, Shrink and ImgBurn are all in my arsenal…

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2565924]Jimbo

I have the paid version and I use Shrink as well. [B]The re-authoring (and, as noted by the op, editing) capabilities of Shrink are far better than those in Fab.[/B] Fab, Shrink and ImgBurn are all in my arsenal…[/QUOTE]

:iagree: I agree it is what I use for my special projects :smiley:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2565980]:iagree: I agree it is what I use for my special projects :D[/QUOTE]

[B]ALL[/B] of my projects are special! :bigsmile:

:bow:Hi
rosariorose9 and StormJumper thank you for your comments about DVD Shrink.:bow::clap:

StormJumper
Yes I have Vista Home Premium.

rosariorose9 and StormJumper thank you for your comments about DVD Shrink.:bow::clap:

StormJumper
Yes I have Vista Home Premium.[/QUOTE]

DVDFab needs a few administrative rights and with the home premium version the administrator account has limitations, by right clicking on the DVDFab icon on the desktop and selecting “Properties” you can get DVDFab to retain your license key.

After opening the properties settings click on the “Compatibility” tab and at the very bottom under “Privilege” level place a check mark in the box"Run this program as administrator".

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2566055]DVDFab needs a few administrative rights and with the home premium version the administrator account has limitations, by right clicking on the DVDFab icon on the desktop and selecting “Properties” you can get DVDFab to retain your license key.

After opening the properties settings click on the “Compatibility” tab and at the very bottom under “Privilege” level place a check mark in the box"Run this program as administrator".[/QUOTE]

That’s a [B]GREAT[/B] tip. :clap: Thanks, SJ!!

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2565924]Jimbo

I have the paid version and I use Shrink as well. The re-authoring (and, as noted by the op, editing) capabilities of Shrink are far better than those in Fab. Fab, Shrink and ImgBurn are all in my arsenal…[/QUOTE]

I too have Fab, Shrink, and ImgBurn. Lately, when I use Fab to create a video file and then use Shrink to make the back up(which uses nero 8), I get a sucessful report but the movie will not play in my stand alone. I have since been able to use my Fab or ImgBurn. Would love to make my ‘special’ projects again. Can some one help?

[QUOTE=baggman;2566137]I too have Fab, Shrink, and ImgBurn. Lately, when I use Fab to create a video file and [B]then use Shrink to make the back up(which uses nero 8), I get a sucessful report but the movie will not play in my stand alone.[/B] I have since been able to use my Fab or ImgBurn. Would love to make my ‘special’ projects again. Can some one help?[/QUOTE]

If I remember right Nero does not create the AUDIO_TS folder which required by some standalone DVD Player, instead of having DVD Shrink use Nero I I have it set to use ImgBurn for my special projects. :wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2566055]DVDFab needs a few administrative rights and with the home premium version the administrator account has limitations, by right clicking on the DVDFab icon on the desktop and selecting “Properties” you can get DVDFab to retain your license key.

After opening the properties settings click on the “Compatibility” tab and at the very bottom under “Privilege” level place a check mark in the box"Run this program as administrator".[/QUOTE]

StormJumper
It work a couples of times .
Now when I click on Enter Registration Key comes up blank.
When I start DVDFab Copy there no pop up window saying I need Registration Key.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2566166]If I remember right Nero does not create the AUDIO_TS folder which required by some standalone DVD Player, instead of having DVD Shrink use Nero I I have it set to use ImgBurn for my special projects. ;)[/QUOTE]

OK, SJ, I bet you already know I’m about to ask you how to use ImgBurn with Shrink!

There was a time when I would insert disc, open disc with shrink, watch it analyze the disc, click on full disc back up and it would do it’s thing and give a good back up copy. Now it gives me copy that won’t playback or they go through the previews and when I start the movie, it freezes or repeats a frame over and over. Whenever I had a problem with the files I would just use Fab. Now I use fab to make the file and the only way I get a good copy is if I use Fab or ImgBurn. Not disappointed with the results of either, I just would to use all my options…

Oh yeah, btw, I found the tutorial with your signature…

[QUOTE=baggman;2566180]OK, SJ, I bet you already know I’m about to ask you how to use ImgBurn with Shrink!

There was a time when I would insert disc, open disc with shrink, watch it analyze the disc, click on full disc back up and it would do it’s thing and give a good back up copy. Now it gives me copy that won’t playback or they go through the previews and when I start the movie, it freezes or repeats a frame over and over. Whenever I had a problem with the files I would just use Fab. Now I use fab to make the file and the only way I get a good copy is if I use Fab or ImgBurn. Not disappointed with the results of either, I just would to use all my options…[/QUOTE]

Glad you found the guide :bigsmile:

Yeah DVD Shrink was a good program and still is however it is outdated and can’t handle the new types of protection but is one tool in my toolbox I find myself using a lot. :smiley:

I have to agree on having Shrink in the arsenal along with several other proggies
it’s always better to have to many and not need them as to not have them when
and if you do need them. :iagree: :bigsmile: