Just bought pioneer dvr-216 did I get a bad drive? should I send it back and try to get 215?

vbimport

I ordered a Pioneer DVR-216 and shortly after read it has bad burning quality on some burns that are 8x I think is what some people were saying. Is it just 8x?? I normally burn DVD +R Dual Layer verbatims at 4x, (would be cool to at 8x. Will the Pioneer 216 do this okay, or should I send it back to newegg and try to buy another drive??

@ digitalman42,

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you actually personally burned any Media with your Pioneer DVR-216 Drive and actually experienced any ‘Bad Burns’?

Perhaps it would be prudent to actually personally burn some Media with your new Drive and see how it actually performs before deciding to return your Pioneer DVR-216 Drive.

Regards,
bjkg

No I have not, I just got it in the mail, had to order a Sata cable from Monoprice which hasnt arrived yet. Was just wanting to know anyone elses experiences or advice.

[QUOTE=bjkg;2128690]@ digitalman42,

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you actually personally burned any Media with your Pioneer DVR-216 Drive and actually experienced any ‘Bad Burns’?

Perhaps it would be prudent to actually personally burn some Media with your new Drive and see how it actually performs before deciding to return your Pioneer DVR-216 Drive.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

My 216 seems to be one of the best burners I’ve ever had. Haven’t burned any DL’s yet but not one coaster with any disks I’ve burned so far. I have both the 116/216 and a couple of 115’s as well. I like my 216 best. LOL

For the current firmware and as with CD/DVD and my LiteOn this seems a really bad drive.

much better scans (burn quality) even with el-cheapo no-brand media that can only do 8x and 4x, compared to my liteon 20A1S (& the late 20A1P, which refuse to eject, unless using the emergency pin).

So your saying the pioneer scans are better than the liteon 20a1s?

[QUOTE=weeluvmal;2130744]much better scans (burn quality) even with el-cheapo no-brand media that can only do 8x and 4x, compared to my liteon 20A1S (& the late 20A1P, which refuse to eject, unless using the emergency pin).[/QUOTE]

Superb drive, don’t hesitate on it. 200 discs so far and no coasters at 20x ,even on cheap media. It is fantastic at high speed compared to other drives.

Possibile to use bitsetting with dvd+r?