Just another reason I love DVD FAB Platinum

vbimport

I am sure we all have had this problem at one time or another when your DMA resets itself due to repeated errors, and goes into PIO mode instead of Ultra DMA.

It can be a real pain to be reset, I just stumbled across the setting within DVD Fab that allows you with one click of a button to reset DMA.

Once again Fengtao thanks so much for this product, best piece of software I have yet purchased for my PC.

A soon as the error reading screen pops up,
[the one with retry, ignore, ignore all etc]
I take a quick peek thru device mngr and my Plextor burner is back to Multi-readDMA 2. It’s like a friggin game anymore…
Happening a lot to me past couple weeks. [U] Platinum/always latest version…[/U]

all disks I backup can’t all be dirty or scratched
I click on "resetDMA
Doesn’t reset it back for me after re-boot.
Only if I shut down does it reset back to ultra DMA4
I just want to know why the hell it keeps jumping back to multi-read DMA 2.

just the other day i had to make another backup one of my kids dvd’s. my ripping speed dropped way low and i knew i would have to reset dma. however i forgot about it. :doh: then the next time i opened dvdfab, i received a nice pop-up.

Hey dip $h!t, you need to reset dma. :clap:

in settings general, make sure “Check for DMA automatically” is checked. :wink:

yes, thank you fengtao, for just another reason why i love dvdfab. :smiley:

I do have it checked in General settings.
and, at times it does come up with the warning to resetDMA.
still have the problem I posted above.

[QUOTE=rago88;2026004]I do have it checked in General settings.
and, at times it does come up with the warning to resetDMA.
still have the problem I posted above.[/QUOTE]

I reset mine and upon checking in device manager it comes up Dma 2.

This could be all that your burner supports or other factors such as how it’s connected, size of cable 40 or 80 wire, a little more info would help greatly :iagree:

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2026332]This could be all that your burner supports or other factors such as how it’s connected, size of cable 40 or 80 wire, a little more info would help greatly :iagree:[/QUOTE]

I dont know the size of the cable wire where would I look?

Have a look at it! Here’s some examples

80 wire cable

40 wire.

Note - if you have a SATA burner, forget about it.

Regards

This is what you look for 40 pin 80 conductor ribbon, you can see the difference.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/1894404-post4.html Sames as blutachs post above, I missed his link, sorry.