Jumper: Which side do I copy?

vbimport

Side A is Fullscreen and Side B is Widescreen but there are different extras on both sides. Which Side should I do or should I just do Both?

That’s really up to you! It’s your disk and your choice.

Back them both up for posterity.:wink:

Do both, mark them as FS & WS then put them in a double Dvd case, I did.

Sneakers in a case like that I just copy the full screen as myself I don’t like widescreen when you play it on a large screen TV ( hate the black bars at top & bottom) want the whole screen filled up, but like what was said thats up to your choice but I would guess the extras are pretty much the same

And I hate Fullscreen (as you miss out on the stuff on the side - pan and scan is a blight on the industry)! So sneakers2, decide if you like WS or FS and there’s your answer.

Regards

And I hate Fullscreen (as you miss out on the stuff on the side - pan and scan is a blight on the industry)! So sneakers2, decide if you like WS or FS and there’s your answer.

i usually do widescreen for the same reason, even though i dont have a widescreen tv. hope to get one later this year.

[QUOTE=blutach;2085741]And I hate Fullscreen (as you miss out on the stuff on the side - pan and scan is a blight on the industry)! So sneakers2, decide if you like WS or FS and there’s your answer.

Regards[/QUOTE]

That depends on what way you have your TV set up although I agree with you.

You either lose info or have two black bars at the side neither of which is acceptable.

I still have a large 4:3 CRT TV so it affects me the opposite way.

I wish they’d hurry up with these new technologies as I’d like to buy a large screen SED or OLED when they arrive.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=troy512;2085784]i usually do widescreen for the same reason, even though i dont have a widescreen tv. hope to get one later this year.[/QUOTE]

Same here (see post above).

Widescreen is definitely the way to go although I can never understand why they created a new standard rather than making TVs with the Cinemascope aspect ratio.

When you watch a Cinemascope movie on a widescreen TV it’s the same compromise, black bars or distort the picture in a variety of ways.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[quote=frankster91;2085211]That’s really up to you! It’s your disk and your choice.[/quote] Agree 100% as each person has their own choice of what they like so maybe you should do both and see which format you like best, like I said why have a big screen tv and only have 3/4 of the screen full, JMHO but everybody has their own :iagree::iagree::iagree:

Make like in a movie cinema - watch it at night, turn the lights out and you will hardly notice the black bars and the top and bottom! But you will see all that the director intended you to see!

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;2086202]Make like in a movie cinema - watch it at night, turn the lights out and you will hardly notice the black bars and the top and bottom! But you will see all that the director intended you to see!

Regards[/QUOTE]

So true, just hate being forced to watch something one way.
It’s like Microsoft forcing Vista to be on all new computers

Is sneakers2 going to divulge which side or sides were done? :confused:

I did the full screen side. Extras are junk though. The whole disc (movie, menus, extras, previews) fits on single layer disc with 98% compression.

[B]Jumper did not need any compression at all.[/B] It was less than 4.38 gbs.

i use 4300 which is 4.199 gb :slight_smile:

@troy512

Get Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media and burn all the way to the edge!

Regards

[QUOTE=troy512;2086284]i use 4300 which is 4.199 gb :)[/QUOTE]

It’s a bad idea to compress when you don’t have to.

As well as being a potential time waster it also reduces the quality unnecessarily (albeit very slightly in this instance).

You’re already using quality media (going by your signature) so 4300 is excessively low.

I use 4440 on quality media (normally Taiyo Yuden) and have never experienced any problems.

[B]Wombler[/B]

who is verbatim or taiyo yuden?? are these guys knowledgeable in car stereo equipment??

also i dont understand this compression stuff??

could someone please give me a detailed guide? or snail mail me a book.

just kidding, for real though, i use 4300 because my backups get handled [I]alot[/I] and i dont use the best storage methods. so keeping the burn slightly away from the edge is not a media factor but finger factor. also 100 to 172 mb is not noticeable [B][I][U]for me[/U][/I][/B], if already compressing with a transcoder. besides i only do main movie and 5.1 DD with no subtitles.

:slight_smile: thanks for looking out blutach and [B]Wombler[/B] :iagree: really. :slight_smile:

if you see my post of scans in pioneer and lite-on forums you will see most are 4300 because this is how i burn. though i have posted good results of full burns as well.

No problem.

I’ll treat that as a lifestyle choice then. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]