Jukebox

vbimport

Hi
I am trying to develop a DVD where I have few demo video clips linked back and forth and eventually a jukebox with menu button for each song. I have Nero 2014 Platinum. Do you think it is capable for this kind of solution. The number of pop songs would be 25 - 30 or the other alternative is classical music about 6 hours = 6 CDs.
Thanks

[QUOTE=Otava;2710186]…a few demo video clips linked back and forth…[/QUOTE]
I’m not quite sure what this means. “Linked” via a menu of pick-list choices? “I want Videos 8, 12, 14, 3, 7 to play in that order” linked to a menu?

(And these could be Audio Files, not just Video Files.)

Or did you mean, “I want to create a Video File of clips 8, 12, 14, 3, 7, etc. to play as a single file”? Did you want to use a video-editor to merge these clips together?

Or did you want a menu-ing system to present a pick-list or checkbox based on-screen menu?

(I can use Nero to merge clips together, but I use a different menu system to create a PlayList. I don’t know if Nero 2014 can do this, and 2011 couldn’t so I never tried with 2012.)

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2710213]I’m not quite sure what this means. “Linked” via a menu of pick-list choices? “I want Videos 8, 12, 14, 3, 7 to play in that order” linked to a menu…

Thanks
I am trying to achieve this: Imagine an ordinary film DVD. You put it in and it starts with a trailer clip after that you are presented a menu of some sort and you can select extras, play film etc. In principal this is what i am after with small variations if they are technically possible and that is instead of a video film I would like to have a menu of several songs (audio) using a method giving me maximum of space (= number of songs).

ChristineBCW is better with Nero but as she posted she doesn’t have 2014.
I still have Nero 7 . I will give it a try & see if I can come up with something .
I actually think some other software might be easier.
Basically what you want if I understand is a DVD with a menu to select songs .
Or just play them all when you want to.
Is that correct?

Understood! So you want to create a standard Video-DVD out of clips of videos. Each video-clip will become it’s own “Title”, in DVD parlance, and the Nero Menu System will let you create a menu button for each one. (Just like I can select the Preview or not, or Play Main Movie or not, etc.)

I do this with NERO VIDEO, and under the CREATE / EXPORT ‘block’, I select DVD and proceed from there. After i’ve selected the video-files to include, the Menu’ing options show up on a later step before Burning. (I usually create File-Sets to test, and then I burn a disk separately, later.)

[QUOTE=cholla;2710217]ChristineBCW is better with Nero but as she posted she doesn’t have 2014.
Basically what you want if I understand is a DVD with a menu to select songs .
Or just play them all when you want to.
Is that correct?[/QUOTE]

Thanks
Imagine a jukebox in the corner. You see it running a adv in the screen. You then you have a look at the list of available songs. You pick your choice and play it. After it finishes you come back to the list and pick up the next and so on. So once burned the DVD is a for listening whatever is on it, whenever you want.

The version of Nero I have version 7 can do most of this. It is however a time intensive process. You need to create an individual slide show for each song.
That can have multiple stills on maybe even a motion video(I didn’t try that).
Once you have all of those that will fit . Select the .vobs from each with Nero Vision.
When you have the full amount a DVD will hold continue.
If you can create a motion main menu .It could be your adv.