Judge temporarily suspends RealDVD sales

vbimport

I just posted the article Judge temporarily suspends RealDVD sales.

RealNetworks has been forced to temporarily suspend sales of RealDVD due to a legal battle with the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA). The ban officially started yesterday…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15103-Judge-temporarily-suspends-RealDVD-sales.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15103-Judge-temporarily-suspends-RealDVD-sales.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Ummm… sorry, I got nothin’ for this.

[shrugs shoulders and walks away]

At least nothing that can be posted here…:eek:

RealDVD? like I want DRM Protected junk enough said.

any moron can find dvd shrink and decrypter on the net so who in there right mind would pay for limited software?

Not everyone wants to be a pirate. I for one would love to put my DVD movies on my laptop without the need to bring the discs and I don’t want to be a pirate. I have a job where if someone ever found out I pirate stuff I would be in trouble.

RexHunt your not a Pirate it’s called “Fair Use Rights Law” to copy what you own as long as your not on a street corner selling copys where is there a problem? We as American’s for years were allowed legally to copy VHS tapes or TV shows for own private viewing so the concept to me is still the same and it should be to others. This new DRM concept is just a form of taking away your freedom to copy what you already own even know there is a DMCA doesn’t mean it’s right or fair for the consumer buying said products please keep this in mind.

DRM isn’t the answear to this problem and it was always a bad marketting model for selling content as it’s unfair to consumers buying the content who should have the basic rights they had years ago I am not against a price scheme but it must be fair and reasonable to work and will work if the RIAA , MPAA were more flexable with consumers both on pricing the content and copying the content.

Well, maybe you ought to join iTunes then and everyone at work will be happy. Meanwhile, everyone else will just rip their DVDs and Bluray discs with AnyDVDHD.