Join my AnyDVD Group

vbimport

I saw the one of DVDFab is pretty popular and made one for AnyDVD now too: http://club.cdfreaks.com/group.php?groupid=20

I personally believe this group thing will only be bad for the forum.

[QUOTE=linx05;2053270]I personally believe this group thing will only be bad for the forum.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt that…only the MOD will decide whether it is bad or not…

only the MOD will decide whether it is bad or not

The Ministry of Defence? Hmmmm. Didn’t know it was a national security issue to use this program. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards

The mods can decide whether it is bad or not, but it doesn’t change my opinion. Everyone picking sides and joining groups will only be detrimental to the forum. Lets hope I won’t be quoting myself in a few months time.

I remember one guy saying on a now ‘deleted’ forum that “it is better to join together and help each other combat new copy-protections, rather than forming groups whose only job is to show which program can out perform the other”. If only I could go back there and get the exact quote.

[quote=blutach;2053347]The Ministry of Defence? Hmmmm. Didn’t know it was a national security issue to use this program. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards[/quote]

:doh:

What’s that saying…Divided we fail?

@linx05

Fact is program fanboys abound, each urging you to buy whatever software they are supporting (I’m not sure who appointed them sales managers for the companies, but they do a damn good job - vicariously speaking, that is). Some posts border on (or are outright) spam, when we see posts like “better buy this fabulous product now everyone” and others are just plain sycophantic (e.g. the smallest update/bugfix/skin change gets a “wow, how good is this”).

Therefore, might it not be better that they congregate in their little groups where they can all agree vociferously how wonderful their choice of software is? At least it lessens the malarkey they foist on the rest of us who simply come either to give or receive support.

it is better to join together and help each other combat new copy-protections, rather than forming groups whose only job is to show which program can out perform the other

Couldn’t agree more. I hope I am not agreeing with myself though :smiley:

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;2053444]@linx05

Fact is program fanboys abound, each urging you to buy whatever software they are supporting (I’m not sure who appointed them sales managers for the companies, but they do a damn good job - vicariously speaking, that is). Some posts border on (or are outright) spam, when we see posts like “better buy this fabulous product now everyone” and others are just plain sycophantic (e.g. the smallest update/bugfix/skin change gets a “wow, how good is this”).

Therefore, might it not be better that they congregate in their little groups where they can all agree vociferously how wonderful their choice of software is? At least it lessens the malarkey they foist on the rest of us who simply come either to give or receive support.

Couldn’t agree more. I hope I am not agreeing with myself though :smiley:

Regards[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with this. I thought about it but saw trouble later on. Things can work out great as long as we don’t go into support threads for certain software and say use this instead. The same goes for the groups. On such an open forum I can’t join certain groups like this as I have too many tools some free some aren’t.

[QUOTE=blutach;2053444]Couldn’t agree more. I hope I am not agreeing with myself though :D[/QUOTE]
Why would you think that? :stuck_out_tongue:

OT:
blutach, ever listened to The Spoonman? He reminds me of you for several reasons… He puts on a great radio show none the less.

That happens with nearly all software.

Minus the fact that a group is inherently different in a person having to join it, I don’t see how groups will make any difference in people being fanboys or promoting another product. As long as forums exist it then it will happen.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2053457]I definitely agree with this. I thought about it but saw trouble later on. Things can work out great as long as we don’t go into support threads for certain software and say use this instead. The same goes for the groups. On such an open forum I can’t join certain groups like this as I have too many tools some free some aren’t.[/QUOTE]

Fanboys are fanboys. Idiots who go into other support threads and suggest using another program are just morons.

I don’t see the groups having any real impact on things. They are just a new shiny toy for people to play with.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

@linx05

This certainly is not my intent, and, no, I’ve never listened to him.

Probably right.

Regards

yeah once the newness wears off CDF’s will be back to it’s old self again.

[QUOTE=blutach;2053595]This certainly is not my intent, and, no, I’ve never listened to him.[/QUOTE]
No, it’s not because of that. I don’t consider him as a stirrer though. It’s more to do with the way he enters and constructs his arguments. Also his intellectual mind.

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2053526]I don’t see the groups having any real impact on things. They are just a new shiny toy for people to play with.[/QUOTE]
Lets hope you are right. :wink:

[QUOTE=blutach;2053595]Probably right.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Bob;2053601]yeah once the newness wears off CDF’s will be back to it’s old self again.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=linx05;2053851]Lets hope you are right. ;)[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to add that I don’t find the idea of groups to be stupid or silly. They are what they are and they could be beneficial and a nice way to add more social interaction between people of like interests.

People do love to play around with new features, though. It can be like watching a child get a gift for a holiday. At first they won’t even put it down. Then after a number of days they may set it down but won’t let it out of their eyesight. Some more time passes and they’ve moved on to focus all their attention on yet a newer toy.

I just, personally, am not interested in them. They’re something popping up in numerous locations and I would assume it has to do with an update in [U]vBulletin[/U] by numerous websites.

Just my opinion and everyone has opinions. :slight_smile:

So what you are saying is that people who join groups are kids?

Just kidding. ;):stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I am getting the odd inane message when I log in. Now, people are just trying to be friendly, but it can come across as a bit irrelevant.

In any event, I doubt it can hurt very much. No-one is forced to join a group and become a chatterbox.

Regards

[QUOTE=MultiC0pier;2052704]I saw the one of DVDFab is pretty popular and made one for AnyDVD now too: http://club.cdfreaks.com/group.php?groupid=20[/QUOTE]

A simple statement yet
its funny how concept of free speech goes out the window so quickly!

[QUOTE=zaq;2054802]A simple statement yet
its funny how concept of free speech goes out the window so quickly![/QUOTE]

I’m just curious why you say this? People simply expressed their opinions. No censorship took place. How has free speech gone out the window? If anything this thread shows that free speech exists.

I’m confused. :confused:

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2054805]I’m just curious why you say this? People simply expressed their opinions. No censorship took place. How has free speech gone out the window? If anything this thread shows that free speech exists.

I’m confused. :confused:[/QUOTE]

re-read some of the above

I got what you mean zag…