John McCain needs to stop stealing music

vbimport

Google ‘McCain stealing music’ if you don’t believe me…Mellencamp, Jackson Browne, Foo Fighters…All kinds of ticked off…:a

OLYTEDDY
Give the old guy a break.His hearing maybe
fading and just want’s to enjoy tunes while he can.
ZAP.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

He needs to start stealing votes and get his own version of ACORN. On another note many artists don’t own the music they wrote so in those cases he isn’t stealing anything.

He has acorn he went to there meeting in 2006 and was the main speaker. He said how great a job they were doing.

Seriously the things people complain about lol

[QUOTE=samlar;2144968]He has acorn he went to there meeting in 2006 and was the main speaker. He said how great a job they were doing.[/QUOTE]

This just shows how wacked he can be. He tries too hard to act like a Democrat way too much. It will be the reason he loses, IMO.

[QUOTE=UTR;2144941]He needs to start stealing votes and get his own version of ACORN. On another note many artists don’t own the music they wrote so in those cases he isn’t stealing anything.[/QUOTE]

The artists may not own it, but [I]someone[/I] does. There has been several instances of this with McCain, but also with other politicians over the years, mostly Republican I might add (Bush, Reagan, Dole, etc.).

[QUOTE=UTR;2145001]This just shows how wacked he can be. He tries too hard to act like a Democrat way too much. It will be the reason he loses, IMO.[/QUOTE]

You are part right he has tried to be what his base wanted then what he thought others ne needed wanted and so on. It is said to me that 8 years ago when Little Bush got elected I wanted so bad for McCain to get it instead of Bush. He was then the outsider, person who was not always right with what the far right wanted, and in my eyes would have been the best president we could have had. That coming from a demorcrat who voted for Reagon and live to regret it becuase he spent and did not do what he promised to balance the budget. So why would I not vote for him what happen in these four years to change me so much on McCain. It was not me that change on him it was he who change on me. He started four years ago trying to please any and all in his party and outside because he just had to be president. It really a same that as you said it will be the reason he will lose. I only add it is not him to act like a Demorcrat but him trying to act any part to get the job he so wants. If this last four years he had been the real John the one who came back to us from that war I am sure Obama would not be able to say John is another Bush.
It’s like the Palin pick it is now seen as hurting him more that anything esle, the old John would have told the people In the Republican party I am going to pick the person I feel is best for this country. Shame it looks like it will never be for John although it is not over.

UTR I know you will vote for John and I will vote for Obama but after the past few weeks back and fourth I see we differ on somethings but not on all. Shoot I do not even think you are just a crazy die hard Republican anymore.:):):slight_smile:

I actually think McCain’s age is catching up with him. He just doesn’t have the mental dexterity that he had in 2000. He had so many opportunities to put Obama away in the debates but just didn’t take advantage of them. He also reads way too much from cards. Even when giving a stump speech his reads from cards. By now he should be able to give a speech while he is asleep. Obama is really a very weak candidate. At this point I think Romney, Giuliani and a few others would have already cleaned Obama’s clock. Also, Obama got a HUGE gift in having the mortgage meltdown occur at just the right time. If he wins Obama had better be up to the job because if he isn’t he is going to be slaughtered in the 2012 election and it may well be Palin that field dresses him. I really hope Bobby Jindal runs in 2012.

[QUOTE=samlar;2145246]UTR I know you will vote for John and I will vote for Obama but after the past few weeks back and fourth I see we differ on somethings but not on all. Shoot I do not even think you are just a crazy die hard Republican anymore.:):):)[/QUOTE]

Some of my longest running and dearest friends are Democrats. I’m a conservative (in the Goldwater tradition) and not a Republican. There is a big difference in this designation. Republicans have moved so far to the left fiscally that their is no difference between them and Democrats. The Democrats are so wimpy on national defense that we should all get ready for the next 9-11 after four or eight years of Obama. With either one the deficit is going to go through the roof. IMO, the best this country has done from a budget aspect was with a CONSERVATIVE Republican Congress (circa 1994-1996) and a Democrat President. The rub to this is the terrorists will have free range to plot their next lethal attack on our own soil.

I think most Americans aren’t that far apart on most of the issues. It is the politicians (Democrats and Republicans) that need to get us hating each other so they can continue their never ending quest for power. First and foremost they want to prevent the establishment of a viable third political party. If I had a crystal ball it would tell me that 2008 is like the 1992 election and 2010 will be like the 1994 mid-term election. Either this or the 2012 will be like the 1980 election. Maybe if we are lucky we will get that third party candidate that can cut through all the political BS and connect with the average working people. God knows there are many, many of us that are waiting for this person to show up.

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2145239]The artists may not own it, but [I]someone[/I] does. There has been several instances of this with McCain, but also with other politicians over the years, mostly Republican I might add (Bush, Reagan, Dole, etc.).[/QUOTE]

The way these things work is that a royalty is paid to the owner to play from their catalog music. Otherwise, every bar, restaurant, elevator, telephone hold system playing music etc. would have to negotiate individual contracts to use the existing database of songs. The original artists might not like it but this is the way things are done. All the record companies want is to get paid. It doesn’t matter if a Republican or Democrat is writing the check.

[QUOTE=UTR;2145265]The way these things work is that a royalty is paid to the owner to play from their catalog music. Otherwise, every bar, restaurant, elevator, telephone hold system playing music etc. would have to negotiate individual contracts to use the existing database of songs. The original artists might not like it but this is the way things are done. All the record companies want is to get paid. It doesn’t matter if a Republican or Democrat is writing the check.[/QUOTE]

There is a difference in playing a song in a bar vs. using it in a nationally run ad, especially when the target audience may get the impression that you (and your song) are official supporters of whatever it is, in this case a presidental election.

And, also in this case, there was no check written. McCain’s campaign took it upon themselves to use the song(s) without permission from the copyright owner. So the RIAA should be filing a lawsuit right about…now.:iagree:

And, just my opinion, but McCain’s official campaign song should be Radiohead’s “Creep”. :bigsmile:

There is a difference in playing a song in a bar vs. using it in a nationally run ad, especially when the target audience may get the impression that you (and your song) are official supporters of whatever it is, in this case a presidental election.

Exactly my point in starting this thread. McCain has created yet another category of copyright law…[B][U]‘Un’[/U][/B]-Fair Use. It’s like Rush Limbaugh using the Pretenders’ “My City Was Gone” as his bumper…

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2145400]There is a difference in playing a song in a bar vs. using it in a nationally run ad, especially when the target audience may get the impression that you (and your song) are official supporters of whatever it is, in this case a presidental election.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard Rush Limbaugh’s theme song “My City Was Gone”? The song’s author, Chrissie Hynde hates him but he still uses the song anyway. She can only make him pay royalties but she can’t stop him from using it. The same goes for most songs ever written. The recording industry’s greed comes first in these situations. I did read somewhere that use of Heart’s song “Barracuda” (used at the RNC convention) is not controlled by the band. JCM and others might be different.

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2145400]And, also in this case, there was no check written. McCain’s campaign took it upon themselves to use the song(s) without permission from the copyright owner. So the RIAA should be filing a lawsuit right about…now.:iagree:
[/QUOTE]

If they didn’t pay royalties then they should have but they don’t necessarily have to ask permission to use a song. Also, many times the owner of the venue pays the royalties and not the renter of the facility. There are mechanisms in place to pay royalties without asking permission first. I’ve never seen where McCain’s campaign didn’t pay royalties but I’ll default to what you said if you are sure of it.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2145416]Exactly my point in starting this thread. McCain has created yet another category of copyright law…[B][U]‘Un’[/U][/B]-Fair Use. It’s like Rush Limbaugh using the Pretenders’ “My City Was Gone” as his bumper…[/QUOTE]

I lose concern for most of these bands when they will use there music to hock everything from toothpaste to Jaguars. Then when it is played a couple of times at a political even they act like they have been violated beyond repair. I guess I should be PO’ed and sue for when I tune into an awards show expecting to watch awards being accepted and acceptance speeches being given and then get pummeled with political rants. Maybe there is a false advertising claim to be won?

OLYTEDDY[WOULDN’T OLDTEDDY SOUND BETTER]
I thought this blog was about SEN .MCCAIN illegally
downloading music. Anyway since your making it
political don’t worry our savior is leading in the polls
and,he will take care of such problems?
ZAP.
So take it easy. Your upsetting her.:bigsmile::sad: