JLMS XJ-HD166S (LTD-166S) and CDS 200

I found that my JLMS XJ-HD166S (LiteOn LTD-166S) DVD-ROM drive using the latest DS0F firmware can rip protected audio CDs with Cactus Data Shield 200, but doesn’t allow the tracks to be played :frowning: LiteOn forgot that some users might want to listen some music :eek:

Aren’t you barking at the wrong tree mate? :wink:
I think the criticism should be directed at the industry which sells you audio cd’s and decided you’re not allowed to listen to them on your computer.

As for your Liteon, be happy you CAN rip those cds200, many drives can’t. Just burn yourself playable copies, or MP3 them to the hdd. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Mango
[B]Aren’t you barking at the wrong tree mate? :wink:
I think the criticism should be directed at the industry which sells you audio cd’s and decided you’re not allowed to listen to them on your computer.

As for your Liteon, be happy you CAN rip those cds200, many drives can’t. Just burn yourself playable copies, or MP3 them to the hdd. :slight_smile: [/B]

Well, I was not blaming LiteOn, but they could add playing support for those protected discs. My sister received an original Audio CD protected with Cactus Datashield 200 and she uses the computer to listen music.

I’m very happy with my LiteOn drive, I just love it. I will sell my LG writer very soon and I’m planning to buy the LiteOn 52x :slight_smile: