Jitter not working with Lite-On LH-20A1S

When performing disc quality tests using Lite-On LH-20A1S (9L08) and Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.15 jitter is not working even though it is enabled in advanced options. Any ideas why?

Do you have it enabled?

(Click advanced)

EDIT: Ugh, should have read your post better. It worked for me last time I tried it, let me dig around a bit more.

I was talking to the author of DVDINFOPRO a little while back, and he was saying jitter is inaccurate with the chipset in the 20a1s, so he has it disabled. Maybe nero have done the same thing.

EDIT2: Seems to work OK for me in 4.7.7.5 - trying 4.7.7.15 now.

EDIT3: Looks all good for me in 4.7.7.15 - granted I am running HD20A1S fw, but that shouldn’t make any difference.

Does it give you any errors?

You might have to roll back to an older version to get jitter back. :flower:

This is with scanning DVDs, right? Just to make sure. :wink:

[quote=kyrcy;1982172]When performing disc quality tests using Lite-On LH-20A1S (9L08) and Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.15 jitter is not working even though it is enabled in advanced options. Any ideas why?[/quote]Working fine for me with the same burner and f/w. Jitter doesn’t check while the regular PIE/PIF scan is occurring, but after that is finished.

[QUOTE=larc919;1982273]Working fine for me with the same burner and f/w. Jitter doesn’t check while the regular PIE/PIF scan is occurring, but after that is finished.[/QUOTE]

Are you using the stock or a patched firmware?

I tried running a disc quality test with a different media and jitter worked. It seems that the problem is with the TYG03 (Verbatim) media.

[QUOTE=TripleJ85;1982249]
I was talking to the author of DVDINFOPRO a little while back, and he was saying jitter is inaccurate with the chipset in the 20a1s, so he has it disabled.[/QUOTE]
So it’s a waste of time checking jitter?

I am having the same problem with YUDEN000 T03 (Verbatim) media. Jitter is not working. Any ideas why?

Roll back to an older version of CD-DVD Speed.

I believe version 4.7.7.15 traded jitter support for the A1 drives whose name begins with LiteOn, for the A1 and A4 drives whose firmware name begins with ATAPI. I’m not too sure about this.

C0deKing also posted a little tip on how to make it so you could scan with 4.7.7.15 again, but I forget where it is.

EDIT: I stand corrected by my good friend zebadee below. :flower:

Hi :slight_smile:
Jitter should/does work. For me at any rate. The disc in this scan has been floating around (on the table the floor etc) & as such is a test just to be read.

Here’s a - media one. BTW stock f/w. Used for all.

It is not working for me and I am also using the latest stock f/w.

You are enabling Jitter(DVD). As shown here.
Click on Disc Quality button. Click on Advanced button & check the Jitter(DVD) box. Then click on the OK button.
Remeber that Jitter is measured seperately (after) to PIE/PIF.

Zeb, will it show jitter on DL media?

I don’t know as no Lite-On seems to cope with the layerbreak.
So I use my BenQ. :cool:
If I can find a DL I’ll give it a whirl.

The Kipper scan!

The DH20A3P will report jitter on DL using CD Speed 47715. So far its the only Lite-on that will as far as I know.

thanks Zeb, still looking for another model that will.