Jedi knight jedi out cast burning or copying

vbimport

yea… im new here so i didnt really no werr to post it but heres my problem:

ok i was trying to uninstall Outcast the game so i deleted the uninstall wizard :doh: …then my sister came in and deleted all the other files…BUT i still got the cd…is it possible to find a site and re-download it back on…because my cousin just became an admin on the game and he wants me to join …again…

Welcome to the forum.
If you have the CD, why do you need to download it?

Would be illegal anyway.

yes i hav the cd but the infomation isnt on it and i was wondering if i could download it back onto it somehow…cuz i cant find the game in stores and i dont wanna buy online -.-

What do you mean? Either you have the cd and so can install from it or you don’t. :confused: :rolleyes:

:slight_smile: That doesn’t make any bloody sense :slight_smile: If you have the CD install from the CD. You can manually remove the keys from the registry look for LucasArts under HKEY LOCAL / SOFTWARE, and remove all traces form your hard drive (install directory) then run the installer from your CD.

omg…listen i cant install or unistall because the install sheild thing is gone…the only thing that comes up is the menu… >.<
files on the cd are gone…and i was wondering i could like get them back from another site…>.< and YES I HAVE THE CD

Dude are you on something ? How the hell can files disappear from a burnt CD ??? If you have the original CD or your backup CD you should be able to install it from there - I have had to re-install Jedi Knight Ooutcast myself and it worked. Don’t install it from autorun mode (menu), run the setup file manually, it will work fine man otherwise this is very fishy ! Your story doesn’t hold together - you are confusing things) So please chill, don’t panic and take a few deep breaths and try to understand. :smiley:

Exactly. :bigsmile:

ok i’ll run it step by step…

1. i place the cd into the cd thingy…

2… it loads…

3…the menu comes up

4 u see the single player and the multy. player…

5 i click on the multy. player…

6 an error pops up and it says that ur missing a file or it doesnt exsit.

7 i go to options and click uninstall…it says it cant find the instal sheild…

1. i click on single… it says the samething as in step 6 -- im srry but im not good at explaining things --…i’l try to search for it on my computer… =\

That cd “thingy” has a name - It’s called a coffee mug holder :smiley:

2… it loads…

seriously ! :bigsmile:

3…the menu comes up

So far so good !

6 an error pops up and it says that ur missing a file or it doesnt exsit.

Can you tell me what error you’re getting ? What is the missing file ?

7 i go to options and click uninstall…it says it cant find the instal sheild…

Did you read my post ??? I told you the procedure in detail - I fully understand what you are talking about. Like I said, re-install the game, but don’t re-install it from the menu, run the setup manually.

1. i click on single… it says the samething as in step 6 -- im srry but im not good at explaining things --…i’l try to search for it on my computer… =\

This is so SIMPLE to understand - try to listen and don’t panic.

Once again…

1. Take a deep breath!

2. Exhale :slight_smile:

3. Take another deeper breath!

4. Exhale !

5. Forget about the uninstall I got you the first time when you said you don’t have the installshield application. You will have to manually remove it yourself. Look under C:\Program Files\lucasarts and remove the folder yourself… Remove all references in registry by looking for HKEY LOCAL SOFTWARE LUCASARTS - Re-install game. I don’t think it is that complicated. :smiley:

Hi Greg42
I do not want to be condescending, but please give the guy step by step instruction, because I do not think he is ready for registry. :slight_smile:
(The best Post so far) :bigsmile:

ok for multy. player error this is it…

“Windows cannot find ‘jk2mp.exe’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click Search.”

then it says this

"A required file is missing or corrupted!

Please reinstall Star wars jedi Knight II jedi outcast to fix this problem."

for install app.

“Do you want to uninstall star wars jedi knight II”

i click yes

then "Windows cannot find ‘C\Programs Files\Installsheild installation. Information{576E71DA-3000-48F6-9B21-B9A70D47DFCF}\Setup.exe’.

then it says to serch for it -_-

"

nvm…i just downloaded the demo…i’ll just hav fun with that -_-