Jedi knight 2:jedi outcast?

vbimport

#1

has any 1 here managed to copy/backup this game and play multyplayer ?i can play single player on any and every pc i have tried bit as soon as i try multy player it comes up with errors any 1 have any ideas?the errors are as follows-
error
cl-parse gamestate: bad command byte

error
cl-parse packet entities:end of message

vad unpure client detected invalid .pk3 files referenced!

and the list goes on ,does any 1 have any ideas as the multy player is the only reason i go the game and i just dont understand why it wont work and the single player will as there is no serial/key code and clony xxl found no protection
thanx for any help
airfix


#2

I made a backup of JK 2 and the multiplayer works. I’ve only played against bots, but it works. Excellent game btw


#3

thanx for the reply it sounds to me as if it might be a patch or something i need has any 1 got any more info on this game as i tryed again to play it on gamespy and the errors just keep coming


#4

Originally posted by dansmug
I made a backup of JK 2 and the multiplayer works. I’ve only played against bots, but it works. Excellent game btw

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the bots for jedi knight? Cant seem to find a good site for this.


#5

a bad .pk3 usually refers a games that needs to be updated or the server has detected a file that is different from the server…If a server is running pure then all your files must be the same as the server…Update the game and try again, you may have a bad download…


#6

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
Just out of curiosity, where did you get the bots for jedi knight? Cant seem to find a good site for this.

www.jediknightii.net Here you’ll find all the info you need about JK II.


#7

thanx for the quick re[lys iv now got it working with the 1.03 patch so no dought il see a lot of u there


#8

I have already beaten this game.

Desann (the Dark Jedi ) is a big pain in the neck. I have found something that works well on him. As soon as the smack talk between him and kyle stops and you can fight him, make sure you are standing above him, he will be on the ground floor, and Kyle will be up on the ledge, jump off the ledge straight at him, hit the force speed and commence to slash him, dont try any of the other weapons on him, because he will deflect with a light saber and send it back your way. and stay away from him, I was able to get this time down till about 1:00 before I defeat him.
But be ware once you hit the speed, about 2 seconds or so he will hit his and probalby through lightning at you.

Try whatver works best for you. Oh btw, this is for the end battle, not the first when you discover him.


#9

Originally posted by cloakdoa
[B]I have already beaten this game.

Desann (the Dark Jedi ) is a big pain in the neck. I have found something that works well on him. As soon as the smack talk between him and kyle stops and you can fight him, make sure you are standing above him, he will be on the ground floor, and Kyle will be up on the ledge, jump off the ledge straight at him, hit the force speed and commence to slash him, dont try any of the other weapons on him, because he will deflect with a light saber and send it back your way. and stay away from him, I was able to get this time down till about 1:00 before I defeat him.
But be ware once you hit the speed, about 2 seconds or so he will hit his and probalby through lightning at you.

Try whatver works best for you. Oh btw, this is for the end battle, not the first when you discover him. [/B]

Here’s a simpler alternative. Once the cutscene ends, walk around to the ramp. Run half way down the ramp and switch to strong style. Then activate force speed. Dont stop moving. Desann should now jump at you. While he is in midair, approximate where he is going to land (alot easier than it sounds) and slash there. Desann should land right below your slash and due to your speed would not be able to do anything. Kind of disappointed that it works so often and ends the whole duel that quick. One slash, one kill. On occasions, for fun, I activated the god mode and fooled around with Desann with the speed style light saber, i managed to drag the fight for 10 minutes before I couldn’t avoid killing him.


#10

Hadnt done that tactic yet. I ll have to try it later. But what I did, was save it, as I have kyle walking to the ramp, and immediately make the jump staight at Desann, The strong saber stance is a little slow in the force speed, so I use the quick and as soon as the speed is up I switch to the medium, but I also keep moving


#11

Is the game protected? Because my version is not protected at all!


#12

From what I can tell, no


#13

My copy uses CD-Checks


#14

Been searching and cant find a good bot. Does anyone know a bot for JK that is similar to PodBot for CS?