Japanese company announces 2.5″ SSD with 6TB capacity and 15 nm NAND

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Japanese company announces 2.5″ SSD with 6TB capacity and 15 nm NAND[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/05/myce-fixstars-ssd-6000m-95x75.png[/newsimage]

The Japanese company Fixstars has announced a 2.5" SSD with a capacity of 6TB. The company claims the SSD is the largest capacity 2.5" SSD currently available.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/japanese-company-announces-2-5-ssd-with-6tb-capacity-and-15-nm-nand-75984/](http://www.myce.com/news/japanese-company-announces-2-5-ssd-with-6tb-capacity-and-15-nm-nand-75984/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

This has got to be Enterpise SSDs, the 1TB SSD on their website is 999.99USD, when you look at anything above that , it says to contact them about the size of the order and how many you will buy. I am pretty sure the technology to make a 6TB SSD has been around awhile but they have been cost prohibitive. :slight_smile:

a 2.5″ SSD with a capacity of 6TB. The company claims the SSD is the largest capacity 2.5″ SSD currently available. The SSD should become available in July, the company hasn’t disclosed any pricing information.

Not bad…at least this will replace my 3tb tower drives…that will save space and heat. A SSD 6tb will replace 2HDD 3tb that I can live with but next the price… :Z

That will be a killer…least just do a proportion in comparison with 1tb to find what it might cost…

1tb=459
6tb= 2,754.00 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Are they serious about this??

SSD should become available in July

Probably only available for Enterprise servers not consumer version… :a

There has to be more than one PCB inside the case, you couldn’t fit that much 16nm nand on one PCB.

6 TB dive . Â You’re going to need some serious backup storage…

[QUOTE=paulw2;2753628]6 TB dive . You’re going to need some serious backup storage…[/QUOTE]

They do already have HDD in 4, 5, 6tb right now…and considering what we download and store your going to need some “Serious Backup Storage”.

i can imagine $10,000 USD price tag

It’s an interesting development that SSD is keeping up with HDD in capacity in a slimmer form factor… let’s see if they can do the same at any price when hdd’s reach 10, 12, 20 tb’s…

It goes without saying ssd will be enterprize price structured for the foreseeable future… unless ONE mfg chooses to cannibalize the market and create a price war (don’t hold breath). People have been speculating for decades that would eventually happen and in 2015… 1-4tb ssd’s are still very expesive relative to the hdd counterparts (6 - 15x price ratios)

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2754079]It’s an interesting development that SSD is keeping up with HDD in capacity in a slimmer form factor… let’s see if they can do the same at any price when hdd’s reach 10, 12, 20 tb’s…

It goes without saying ssd will be enterprize price structured for the foreseeable future… unless ONE mfg chooses to cannibalize the market and create a price war (don’t hold breath). People have been speculating for decades that would eventually happen and in 2015… 1-4tb ssd’s are still very expesive relative to the hdd counterparts (6 - 15x price ratios)[/QUOTE]

That’s the story I am still waiting for…once I can get a SSD at 10tb without breaking the bank I be transfering my data from my 3tb HDD over to SSD and loose the heat and wasted space the HDD takes up in my Tower.