I've tried CloneCD & BlindWrite - Just coasters

vbimport

I have tried to make a backup copy of FIFA 2002 World Cup with CloneCD 4 and BlindWrite with the assistance of CloneyXXL. All have been downloaded and installed today with the exception od CloneCD 3, which I have been using for about 10 months now with complete success with my TDK VeloCD 24/10/40 CDRW.

FIFA 2002 World Cup is a problem. Only coasters. I would appreciate any tips and clues. I have tried a few things but no success.

:confused:

Originally posted by traveler

FIFA 2002 World Cup is a problem. Only coasters. I would appreciate any tips and clues. I have tried a few things but no success.

You and me both. I’m going insane. I have a RAW image - works in D-Tools ith no emu, but coaster after coaster after coaster; if I work it out, you’ll be the second one to know!

Originally posted by FutureProof
    You and me both. I’m going insane. I have a RAW image - works in D-Tools ith no emu, but coaster after coaster after coaster; if I work it out, you’ll be the second one to know!
    Me too haven’t been able to make a successfull back up of FIFA2002 WC with my P4012A. Same case, raw image working with D-Tools, but can’t get the backup to work.

FP i’ll guess i’ll be the 3rd to know! … :wink:

Hmmm. You and Hemispasm. As I mentioned in another post, I didn’t have any problems with this game. I used diskdump to make the image (Lite-on Ltd-163 as reader) and fireburner in dao16 mode to write (Lite-on Ltr-24102B as writer). No problems running the back-up from my dvd or from the diamond data cdrom on my old system.

However, given your problems, I tried making a further copy with clonecd v.4.0.1.6 this evening. Used the same reader and writer and just used the game cd profile with AWS disabled. (Yes I know that the subs aren’t necessary but I was too lazy to disable the sub reading and writing). Anyway, the copy worked fine.

Initially I thought that you must have a dodgy original (scratched maybe) since you said that FES kicked in twice which shouldn’t have happened and which is totally inconsistent with my discdump log. However, if Hemispasm is having the same problem, that doesn’t seem likely and I guess I’m stumped.

Obviously with your plethora of hardware and software, you ought to be able to get a working back-up using virtually the same combination of hard and soft that I used. However, that option may not be available to Hemispasm and others.

(Btw, I see that you agree with me about cremator and have amended your description accordingly. LOL :cool: )

Originally posted by philamber

Initially I thought that you must have a dodgy original (scratched maybe) since you said that FES kicked in twice which shouldn’t have happened and which is totally inconsistent with my discdump log.

Nope no scratches on the original and the FES never kicks in (i don’t think FP mentioned that either at least not here).

FES kicks in twice on my new disc. Not going to try another burning app until I put this one to bed. Imaged with DDump though and no-go (works in D-Tools)

Originally posted by Hemispasm
    Nope no scratches on the original and the FES never kicks in (i don’t think FP mentioned that either at least not here).

FP mentioned it in a different thread. Sorry, can’t find it quickly. Btw, have you tried using discdump to back this one up? When used with fireburner, it’s never failed me with any sd cd.

Mind you, it’s odd that neither you nor fp can get a working copy with clone. Obviously the image is ok since it works with dt without emulation so something must be going wrong with the writing. Maybe this is one worth bothering olli with.

FES kicks in twice on my new disc. Not going to try another burning app until I put this one to bed. Imaged with DDump though and no-go (works in D-Tools)

It seems we’ve cross posted. Weird, FES only kicked in once when I used clone to make a working copy yesterday. Also weird that ddump image didn’t work either. Seems you may have a problem with both the read and the write though Hemispasm’s problem seems to be solely with the write.

(Mind you, I’m having a little snigger here. I reckon this is the first time I’ve been able to get a working copy of a cd with ease when the same title is giving you grief. However, I strongly suspect it will also be the last. LOL)

Originally posted by philamber
    [B]
    FP mentioned it in a different thread. Sorry, can’t find it quickly. Btw, have you tried using discdump to back this one up? When used with fireburner, it’s never failed me with any sd cd.

Mind you, it’s odd that neither you nor fp can get a working copy with clone. Obviously the image is ok since it works with dt without emulation so something must be going wrong with the writing. Maybe this is one worth bothering olli with. [/B]
    Nope i haven’t tried out discdump. Maybe i will.

Don;t know about FP ( it think he owns both asus and lite-on drives) but for me it’s not that uncommon not being able to back sd2.5x. Having a plexie comes with this risk. No reason bothering Olli as far as i’m concerned.

FP will figure it out sooner or later anyways … i will try bb tomorrow and see how it goes (though it shouldn’t do much difference - since FES desn’t kick in and all).

Originally posted by Hemispasm
    [B]Nope i haven’t tried out discdump. Maybe i will.

Don;t know about FP ( it think he owns both asus and lite-on drives) but for me it’s not that uncommon not being able to back sd2.5x. Having a plexie comes with this risk. No reason bothering Olli as far as i’m concerned.

[/B]

Yeah, you’ll need to be lucky with a plex. Maybe blindwrite to burn the ddump image with AWS enabled would work. I suspect that you’d have to be very lucky for it to work if you just burn the ddump image with fireburner.

FES kicked in once in the attempts I kept a log. I have not yet tried CloneCD with the US patch to enable AWS. Do you think it would matter? CloneyXXL 2006 did have the AWS box checked prior to the transfer of the profile to CloneCD on startup. But, there seems to be success without AWS.

:confused:

Which of your cdrw drives have you tried so far?

:cool:

Originally posted by traveler
    [B]
    Which of your cdrw drives have you tried so far?

:cool: [/B]
    All of 'em now :Z

All of 'em now :Z

Even my combo of Ltd-163 reader and Ltr-24102B failed?!:confused: The only difference between that pairing on my system and on yours is that you have slightly different firmware for the writer and I can’t see why that should make any difference to the result.

The rumor is that the drive manufacturers are making firmware good enough but not quite so good as to be accurate enough for a copy to be made on the drive.

So firmware is important. Some writers will copy with a certain version of the firmware but not other versions.

All of them? That’s not good news. According to Tom’s Hardware, they got the Asus to copy a 2.51 protected cd. What is with this fifa cd?

Three perfect copies on the Asus CRW 4012A.

One made with CloneCD.
    One made with DiscJuggler.
    One made with BlindRead/BlindWrite.

That’ll do for now. :wink:

is this game your trying to copy on PC, PS2, or Xbox???

is this game your trying to copy on PC, PS2, or Xbox???

This is a PC game were talking about, because I’ve never heard of a SafeDisc2 protection on the PS2 or the XBox.

Originally posted by Namoh
    [B]

This is a PC game were talking about, because I’ve never heard of a SafeDisc2 protection on the PS2 or the XBox. [/B]

allrighty then