I've read all the threads and still its not clear

vbimport

Battlefield 1942.

I read all the threads and still I have no idea how to create a copy which doesn’t require “hide CDR media” to be checked.

I burnt one copy, and with 'hide cdr…" unchecked all it came up with was the splashscreen, but with it on, it worked, still, i would like a copy that doesn’t require this.

If some one could please give me the directions for read and write profiles, or a zip folder with it, or even values from a profile: (this is just the notepad form of the “protected game cd” profile")

[CloneCD ReadPrefs]
ReadSubData=0
ReadSubAudio=0
RegenerateData=0
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=2
IntelligentBadSectorScan=1
SectorSkip=100
ReadSpeedData=0
ReadSpeedAudio=0
NoErrorReport=1
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=0
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=1
AlwaysCloseLastSession=0
AmplifyWeak=2
WriteSpeed=0
[CloneCD DefaultReadPrefs]
ReadSubData=0
ReadSubAudio=0
RegenerateData=0
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=2
IntelligentBadSectorScan=1
SectorSkip=100
ReadSpeedData=0
ReadSpeedAudio=0
NoErrorReport=1
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=0
[CloneCD DefaultWritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=1
AlwaysCloseLastSession=0
AmplifyWeak=2
WriteSpeed=0

Thank you in advance.

Rebro

OH, and this is assuming there is a way of avoiding the 'hide cdr media", which some people seemed to be able to do.

[Sony 24x burner)

There is no way to create a back-up that works without hiding the ATIP information. There’s a simple explanation for this: since some time now game developers have added an ATIP check to their protection. What this check does is search for ATIP information (which contains information like available space on the media, manufacturer, etc.) on the disc once you want to play it.

Because ATIP is information that is only present and needed on recordable or re-writeable media, the back-up will fail to work if the drive in which it is played reports back that it has found ATIP information. There are only two solutions for this problem:

[ol][li]Play the back-up from a normal CD-ROM or DVD-ROM sine these devices (normally) cannot read ATIP information.
[/li][*]Hide the media when the back-up is played from a CD or DVD-writer or any other drive that can read ATIP information,[/ol]Hope you understand!

Thanks for that - I have been using my normal CD-rom drive (not the writer) but it is fairly new, so I guess it does read the ATIP info.

Thanks for the explanation though.

Originally posted by rebro
Thanks for that - I have been using my normal CD-rom drive (not the writer) but it is fairly new, so I guess it does read the ATIP info.
No. You have performed an emulated backup (AmplifyWeak=2) which requires the Hide option no matter where it’s played from. Depending on your burner model (it could be a rebadged Lite-On). It’s possible to do this backup using the Ignore feature but not all Lite-On + Mediatek chipsets can do it. Try “AmplifyWeak=0”

I did as you said, and changed AmplifyWeak to 0 (ignore weak sectors). It still requires the hide CDR media option, but it probably is my cd-rom - its an ASUS 52x cd rom.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Buy a cheap generic cd-rom and it might be a good investment and wellworth the 20bux, or whatever currency you are running. I found a nice bug with ATIP on non-burner drives, at least for SafeDisc.

Any cd-rom attached to my ide on the m/b requires hide cdr. But if i attach it to my promise ide controller, it goes without the hide cdr. Its like the atip is over-rided or skipped. havent tried it with my burner yet cause I am too lazy to re-wire my ide’s.

The Promise controller does not fully impliment the ATAPI instruction set, so if you put your burner there you may find that it doesn’t work properly. This is a fairly common ‘problem’ with add in IDE and RAID controllers. It is best to leave your burners on the 1st 2 IDE channels, even if the motherboard has more IDE channels on board.

Well I have an extra cdrw drive and can see how well it goes. The promise ide is fast (133) and i doubt it will fail in making cd’s properly. I will try 1 audio cd and 1 protected game cd just for kicks… someday. My main focus is wether or not the cdrw will not need hide cd media enabled on the ide controller for games to go. This also seems like a great solution for people with readers that read atip and can result in no need of clonecd tray which is just another thing to start up and take away boot time as well as system performance. It may not seem like much because its not but many of these small not much things add up.