I've been 'out of action' for a while

I was on vacation for a few weeks, and also just moved into a new house. I haven’t had a spare minute in a little over a month.

Anyway… I’ve been reading many of the posts regarding this “new” Securom protection, and the problems some people have been experiencing with it, WC3 & NWN (Among other titles). Before I went away, I had made successful backups of both titles using my normal setup featuring:

CloneCD 3.3.4.1
Toshiba SD-M1502 (READ) (PC # 1 & 2)
Lite-On 24102B (WRITE) (PC # 1)
LG 8320B (WRITE) (PC # 2)

Will I need to upgrade to the newest version of CloneCD to make successful backups of any of the newer titles (Mafia, Madden 2003, Battlefield 1942, etc.) that have been released while I was away? Or, will I be ok with what I am using for now?

The reason I ask is because I am still not fully setup at home with my PCs, and I want to be prepared once I am up & running again.

Thanks for any input.

ANYONE???

:confused:

WC3: nothing special about that
NWN: only v1.21/1.22 uncopiable
Mafia: nothing special about that

Originally posted by alexnoe
WC3: nothing special about that
NWN: only v1.21/1.22 uncopiable
Mafia: nothing special about that

NWN 1.21/1.22 “uncopyable”… WHY/HOW?

It uses a new strange protection scheme which we don’t understand at the moment. But fortunately, it didn’t recognise the original sometimes, so that it had to be dropped in v1.23.

Originally posted by Copy Lord
[B]

NWN 1.21/1.22 “uncopyable”… WHY/HOW? [/B]

To make it more clear. You can just copy the game normally. It will install fine, but you need the 1.23 or above patch to play using the copy. That patch removes the copy protection. I think they say it uses some new version of secureROM

Thank you gentlemen, for clearing that up. Happy burning to you all.

:smiley: