iTunes won't play through usb headphones

Ok, so I went to best buy and got some new headphones that connect via USB. They are pantronics .audio 650 USB. Here’s my problem, I put them in windows installs them and shows them working. They play in everything but iTunes, works with sounds from Opera, windows souns, and Zune. But itunes still plays through the speakers.
Anyone have any idea what to do?

It seems I have a new problem now. The usb adapter is no longer working properly. It reads and shows up under hardware and sound and says working, default. But now no sounds comes out. Guess I’ll be sticking to the headphone jacks.

As USB headphones effectively act like another soundcard, have a look through iTunes’ preferences screens to see if any give a selection for choosing a soundcard. If you see such a screen, you can try choosing your USB headphones from this. Generally most playback software chooses the default soundcard rather than a fixed one, however, I’ve had a similar issue before where X-lite (VoIP software) kept intermittently switching to using the PCs speakers & microphone instead of the attached USB phone and vice versa where the PC would play music out of the USB phone earpiece. :doh:

If iTunes does not have a soundcard selection in its preferences, try disabling your on-board soundcard in device manager and starting up iTunes. As it will no longer see your on-board soundcard, hopefully it will switch over to using your USB headphones. On the other hand, it would be a pain having to disable your soundcard each time you want to listen on headphones.

[QUOTE=Seán;2231314]
If iTunes does not have a soundcard selection in its preferences, try disabling your on-board soundcard in device manager and starting up iTunes. (…) On the other hand, it would be a pain having to disable your soundcard each time you want to listen on headphones.[/QUOTE]Or make the USB headphone default audio device in Control Panel. Not as painful as disabling the other soundcard in device manager.

Ok, I tried iTunes preferences already, and there was nothing. And they are set to default when plugged in. I tried disabling the main sound card and speakers, but it still didn’t work. But like I said, the usb adapter isn’t working now at all. I did some research on the web and it seems a lot of people have had problems from plantronics headphones with them being faulty. I’m assuming that is my problem here.

Control Panel, Sounds, Change Default Device is right… be careful you don’t have it up too loud, I almost went deaf as soon as clicked make the USB headphones default device. :cool: