Itunes registry issue

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Matshita UJ-850S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Help - So I have a Toshiba with a Mashita burner, which when the new version of Itunes with the genius silliness in it, would no longer recognize my cd burner. So…I did a little online research and deleted a few registry parts (not really understanding what it did) and miraculously it worked, the computer now recognized the cd burner, but now Itunes says it doesn’t have the proper registry to burn a cd… please help!!! Below are the directions I followed to delete the registry stuff, and I’m the first to admit I have no idea how to fix this now…

In the Registry Editor window, in the left pane, double-click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, double-click the System folder.
In the System folder, double-click the CurrentControlSet folder.
In the CurrentControlSet folder, double-click the Control folder.
In the Control folder, double-click the Class folder.
In the Class folder, click to select the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} folder.
In the right pane, click to select the UpperFilters registry value.
On the menu bar, click Edit.
In the Edit menu, click Delete.
In the Confirm Value Delete dialog box, click the Yes button.
In the right pane, click to select the LowerFilters registry value.
On the menu bar, click Edit.
In the Edit menu, click Delete.
In the Confirm Value Delete dialog box, click the Yes button.
NOTE: Do not delete the UpperFiltersBak or LowerFiltersBak registry values.

I would say make a copy of your itunes folder… uninstall itunes, run ccleaner reg and clean, reinstall by dragging all your files back into the itunes music folder…

should work…

Try ccleaner before anything 1st

Ok so i tried all that and Itunes still opens saying the registry necessary to burn or import is missing, and it still won’t burn…help!