ITunes not recognizing the MP4 files

vbimport

I finally got my DVDFab to work with the mobile option but now iTunes is not recognizing the files.:sad: I never had a problem with this before - I’ve put almost my entire DVD library onto my 80 gb iPod. I have a few new DVDs that I would love to watch while I am on the go. Any suggestions for me?

The message that I get looks like this:
“SLEEPING_BEAUTY_PLATINUM_EDITION.Title1.DVDRip.mp4” was not copied to the iPod because it cannot be played on this iPod.

hi,

Strange, some guys also report this problem, but I have using iTune8 to import file, there is not any problem, maybe create file have some problem, can you using mediaInfo to check this file, and send the mediainfo report of this media file to me ?

Other file also cannot be imported ?

Thanks report.

[QUOTE=Ting;2183335]hi,

Strange, some guys also report this problem, but I have using iTune8 to import file, there is not any problem, maybe create file have some problem, can you using mediaInfo to check this file, and send the mediainfo report of this media file to me ?

Other file also cannot be imported ?

Thanks report.[/QUOTE]

Ting,
Its Apples Ownage towards customers appreciation…:wink: iTunes
is very slick on how it works and, basically since your the only one that can
play the files…DRM media is random encryption which Apple
developed which will plays NOTHING on regular media players cuz,
DRM registers a key in the registry…which then communicates
to the iTunes software and, either plays with valid info created by your
account on iTunes store and, everyones loggin registers differently…
which only readable by there software. I wonder why Apple is so
brilliant proving there encryption are as tough as a tough old bird.
Now you know why Microsoft doesn’t give Apple any credit…:cool:

One other possibility…

Any chance that the Total Bit Rate of the new mp4 file exceeded 2500 kbps? That’s the max allowable for my iPod Touch. Anything above that automatically gets rejected by iTunes/iPod as being unplayable. Maybe that’s what the iTunes error message is referring to rather than DRM. You can determine if the max Total Bit Rate is different for your Classic by doing some hunting for the info in Apple’s Support section.

When creating each mp4, the Total Bit Rate figure is roughly determined by your setting in the Fixed Bitrate text box on DVDFab’s “DVD to Mobile - iPod” page. You should be able to safely set it around 2350-2400 without bumping into the 2500 limit.

[QUOTE=zapt;2184001]One other possibility…

Any chance that the Total Bit Rate of the new mp4 file exceeded 2500 kbps? That’s the max allowable for my iPod Touch. Anything above that automatically gets rejected by iTunes/iPod as being unplayable. Maybe that’s what the iTunes error message is referring to rather than DRM. You can determine if the max Total Bit Rate is different for your Classic by doing some hunting for the info in Apple’s Support section.

When creating each mp4, the Total Bit Rate figure is roughly determined by your setting in the Fixed Bitrate text box on DVDFab’s “DVD to Mobile - iPod” page. You should be able to safely set it around 2350-2400 without bumping into the 2500 limit.[/QUOTE]

Whats funny about using iPod/mp4 player is, that when you use it in public…watching video is such a tiny screen is what people think off it…
and, think your using a cell phone/texting in those devices when your really watching video…:bigsmile: Apple is just making fun of MS windows look at this: That’s what I call iTunes ownage…towards windows…:bigsmile:
I’m not gonna comment much on this. I don’t think even PowerDVD uses this many resources…:stuck_out_tongue:
and, by the way, it has 12 GB installed!

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2183769]… iTunes
is very slick on how it works and, basically since your the only one that can
play the files…
Now you know why Microsoft doesn’t give Apple any credit…:cool:[/QUOTE]

The OP’s problem has nothing to do with “Apple encryption”.
He is ripping from the original disney dvds. He said nothing about acquiring these from the iTunes store. I doubt that Sleeping Beauty is available from iTunes as a purchase.

Your second post has even less to do with the OP’s topic…if that’s possible…:rolleyes:
Frankly, I’m surprised you haven’t totally hijacked the thread and tried to plug one of your “legendary” Feature Requests.

[QUOTE=zapt;2184001]
Any chance that the Total Bit Rate of the new mp4 file exceeded 2500 kbps? [/QUOTE]

I agree with zapt. Chances are you have exceeded one or more of the parameters for playback on your ipod.
The bitrate is probably your lead suspect as zapt suggested.

The upper limit of ipod mpeg-4 profile is 2500 kbps…this relates to an actual limitation of 230,400 pixels.
For h264 profiles, the numbers are:
768 kbps and
76,800 pixels, respectively.

I have this movie. I did try a couple of chapters and had no problems with playback on my ipod (30GB, 5th gen)

If you could post back with a screenshot of your profile and settings, I’ll try to convert it and see if I can reproduce your errors. I’m pretty booked up with work today, but I’ll be around later this eve and tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

Oh man - you guys are way beyond me in understanding computers! :eek: It’s like you’re speaking another language!:confused:

Anyway, first off, I am a woman not a man. :flower: Secondly, it seems that, thus far, only Sleeping Beauty is an issue. I was able to import Toy Story 2 and Little Mermaid without any problems at all. And, yes, I own these DVDs - I purchased them directly from Disney & just want to have them for my own personal iPod usage.

I am SO green to this whole thing that I don’t even know how to make a screen shot to send you!:o

Thanks for any help you can give me! Oh, and please tell me what to do but in real babystep idiot language!:wink:

hi,

“Sleeping Beauty” :confused: , can you play this file normal in other player ? like MPC or VLC ?

Thanks.

When you convert it (or any other movie or TV show), you have to make sure that the Fixed Bitrate setting on DVDFab’s “DVD to Mobile - iPod” page is set for a reasonable number… anything less than [B]2400[/B] should be fine. You might want to try it again and see if there’s any difference – unless you’re certain that the previous setting was less than that figure. As mentioned earlier in this message, if the resulting bitrate of the conversion ends up being greater than 2500, iTunes will reject the file because it’s unplayable on an iPod. (If you don’t feel like wasting an hour and a half to convert the entire file, try specifying just a few of the movie’s chapters when you do the conversion. If that test works, then converting the entire movie using those same settings should work, too.)

If converting it again doesn’t make a difference, then it’s obviously a different problem. Perhaps there was a problem of another sort during the conversion that simply made the resulting file unreadable. Trying it again is usually the best approach – and be sure to note any error messages you see, if any.

My apologies for the gender snafu…:flower:
I didn’t even realize I had typed “he” until I re-read my post.
I would have thought my wife of 26 years had taught me “better”…and I have the scars and bruises to prove it…:stuck_out_tongue:

While this is a complicated process, it should proceed simply…at least most of the time.
Again, I agree with zapt…he/she is giving solid advice.
(Hows that? I’m trying here…just kidding)

First off, please rip this movie to your hard drive (hdd) in DVD to DVD mode.
Put the disc in…fire up Fab in Clone, Full, Custom or Main Movie mode so that Sleeping Beauty is your [B]Source[/B]

Now choose your hdd as the [B]Target[/B] and rip (copy) the movie to your hdd.
Now open the DVD to Mobile application and pick the file you just ripped to your hdd as [B]Source[/B]
and then click [B]Next[/B]
I think we’re assuming you’re using the default ipod profile…[B]ipod.mpeg-4[/B]

Let’s try some screenshots from here.
I included some of my own default settings for ipod mpeg-4. The crucial one here is the [B]bitrate[/B]. Be certain to select a bitrate less than 2500.
The higher the bitrate…the larger the file.
You can play with the other setttings. I also left the resolution at 320 X240…this is the native screen resolution for Ipods. You can play with this and the cropping feature as well under [B]Advanced Resolution Settings[/B]

[QUOTE=maineman;2184524]The OP’s problem has nothing to do with “Apple encryption”.
He is ripping from the original disney dvds. He said nothing about acquiring these from the iTunes store. I doubt that Sleeping Beauty is available from iTunes as a purchase.

Your second post has even less to do with the OP’s topic…if that’s possible…:rolleyes:
Frankly, I’m surprised you haven’t totally hijacked the thread and tried to plug one of your “legendary” Feature Requests.

I agree with zapt. Chances are you have exceeded one or more of the parameters for playback on your ipod.
The bitrate is probably your lead suspect as zapt suggested.

The upper limit of ipod mpeg-4 profile is 2500 kbps…this relates to an actual limitation of 230,400 pixels.
For h264 profiles, the numbers are:
768 kbps and
76,800 pixels, respectively.

I have this movie. I did try a couple of chapters and had no problems with playback on my ipod (30GB, 5th gen)

If you could post back with a screenshot of your profile and settings, I’ll try to convert it and see if I can reproduce your errors. I’m pretty booked up with work today, but I’ll be around later this eve and tomorrow.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

I quoted Ting and, not the OP. He said’s that iTunes is having trouble
processing info because quite frankly its not an iTunes purchased file
and, it has .mp4 extension which is developed by apple.
and, iTunes if you didn’t know, accepts any WMV/AVI
because there Microsoft file, iTunes accepts as blunt as kindergarten scissors because it’s Microsoft patented not APPLE. If you create a software that creates files for Apple…you are gonna bust your balls for it.
Because Apple is so sophisticated on what it creates it can recognize
Bootlegged video files created by other software. Because Apple
the created mp4 file has absolutely no info tags regarding your iTunes store information. And, the software accesses the registry to alerts iTunes
when the video created from apple and, then if iTunes recognizes
data tags that look like none sense incoherent technical jargon
iTunes either crashes or, closes. Or, nothing happens. Apple creates
solid stable eyecandy products material that last a lifetime.
Alot of effort was put into it. And, if iTunes uses all the resources to
play a simple video file from there store and, I have installed approx
12 GB of RAM that does even come in an brand new computer.
And, average people buy $800 PC new and, this is what they get.
I CAN GUARANTEE YOU that Apple.com ARE NOT [U]EVEN [/U]USING WINDOWS AT ALL!!!..:bigsmile: a SUPER COMPUTER! w/a 512 bit windows platform environment OS I never heard off. :bow:

OT…apologies.

[B]@mullertwin[/B], please take a look at posts #9 & 10

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2185149] I quoted Ting and, not the OP. He said’s that iTunes is having trouble processing info because quite frankly its not an iTunes purchased file and, it has .mp4 extension which is developed by apple…[I]blah, blah, blah[/I][/QUOTE]

[B]Sigh[/B]
First off, Ting said nothing of the kind.
Alas, another of your posts driven by your personal agenda, full of misinformation and offering absolutely nothing helpful to the OP.

The OP, remember her? Here’s a news flash for you…
This is her thread and she is asking for help.

How silly of 1000’s of us to use windows OS and Fab to do Ipod conversions…and the fact that I have about a 100 successful conversions to Ipod and no failures…well that’s just dumb luck I suppose.

So I guess your advice to the OP is to dump windows and dump Fab and only use the insanely proprietary hardware and software from Apple.
She should also go out and re-purchase all those Disney films again…and from Apple.
When she discovers that most of their cherished films are not available, just tell the kids to suck it up.

Great…I don’t know why we didn’t think of that.
Why don’t you put this in Feature Requests for Fab advising Fengtao stop support for any Apple products.

Hey, he may even make it a sticky!..:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=maineman;2185310]OT…apologies.

[B]@mullertwin[/B], please take a look at posts #9 & 10

[B]Sigh[/B]
First off, Ting said nothing of the kind.
Alas, another of your posts driven by your personal agenda, full of misinformation and offering absolutely nothing helpful to the OP.

The OP, remember her? Here’s a news flash for you…
This is her thread and she is asking for help.

[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t help. The OP doesn’t know whats going on not EVEN
the developer so, telling the “Developer” what the issue is does actually
help him understand whats going on. I know how to write software my self and, quite well understand its behavior. Apple clearly uses something faster the Microsoft Operating systems w/ Windows Emulation.
To right the code faster…apple uses a lot of system memory/Processor triple core on the PC. They use possibly 64 GBs of ram to code there software. 12 GB is NOT enough. It uses 100% of PC system ram.
People don’t EVEN have on purchased new computer. I know ALOT about windows. And. how it works. Apple doesn’t EVEN use that. Microsoft has
not developed a Operating System that goes above 64 Bit Windows Platform. It also depends on your HDD speed too. RAM is good for multitasking because, HDD’s speed doesn’t even get any quicker.
12 GB at all! Apps will load faster if the app uses low resources.
Apple is not easy to support. Because they are possibly Japanese/Chinese employees
who created it. Americans are NOT [I][B]this[/B][/I] smart…:bigsmile:
The best stuff comes from japan…:bow:

@Macrovision3500 and maineman
How about you two carry this on by PM’s so this thread stay’s on topic :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2185442]@Macrovision3500 and maineman
How about you two carry this on by PM’s so this thread stay’s on topic :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
PM will only hide and, not explain the truth of the issue.
If someone post something and, someone else explains it wrong…who ever reads this will just be incoherent educated.
With misinformation. …your trying to be Honest about it take it too… a PM whatever…:bigsmile:

[quote=Macrovision3500;2185446]PM will only hide and, not explain the truth of the issue.
If someone post something and, someone else explains it wrong…who ever reads this will just be incoherent educated.
With misinformation. …your trying to be Honest about it take it too… a PM whatever…:bigsmile:[/quote]
So in other words CDFreaks Resident members can take threads off topic when ever they please :eek:

Okay, here’s the update. I copied the DVD onto my hard drive. It appears to be okay. However, I now realize that the main problem is that DVDFab is having an issue copying the file over to mp4 and never completes the copy. Even doing the hard drive to mp4 didn’t work and I checked all the bitrate stuff, etc. that you all posted above. Here is a quick screen shot - I know it is only 8 minutes here but I didn’t copy the one before that which was 3 hours long!!

:eek: As a mother of 3 boys, why do I feel like it’s my own children fighting on here?:clap::wink:

Oh, and one more thing, the WEIRD part of all is that it is ONLY happening with Sleeping Beauty right now. I have had no problems at all with a few other DVDs all done this past week.

Hi again mullertwin,

Thanks for posting the info and the screenshot.
Exactly what is different from your successful conversions previously and now so that we might narrow done precisely what’s causing the failure?

For eg., have you been successful with conversions done with 5.2.2.2 previously?
Is this the only movie that’s failing to convert?

Thanks…