iTunes Movies to a DVD impossible because of DRM?

vbimport

I was wondering if there is any way to be able to burn my :apurchased:a iTunes movies to a DVD for playback on a standalone DVD player.

I do know that iTunes will allow you to make archival backups of your iTunes movies, but I want to be able to put them on a DVD or an external hard drive so that I can either play them back on a standalone DVD/Blu-Ray player or plug into my PS3 or family Blu-Ray player to watch them. This is also handy if I travel and don’t want to bring my computer and external hard drive with my iTunes movies saved on it.

Is there any way to do it with some measure of quality? Someone I know suggested Aimersoft DRM Media Converter, but they also said the quality of the conversion is awful.

Thanks.

Tunebitemay be your best bet. You will NOT get perfect copies using a program that records as the original is played back, but it should be better than Aimersoft.

I think we may have to put a sticky up somewhere saying digital downloaded videos are for convenience. If you want full control over content you buy, you’ll need physical media and a good decryption program.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2620347]Tunebitemay be your best bet. You will NOT get perfect copies using a program that records as the original is played back, but it should be better than Aimersoft.

I think we may have to put a sticky up somewhere saying digital downloaded videos are for convenience. If you want full control over content you buy, you’ll need physical media and a good decryption program.[/QUOTE]

Well this is why I’ve gone back to just buying the DVD/Blu-Ray movies at the store when they’re on sale. Got Terminator 2 for $5 on Blu Ray at Target last weekend. I just think that if I buy it on iTunes I should be able to have it DRM-free.

I wondered about PlayStation Store movies too, but as I’ve heard, those are also bogged down with DRM and will not let you back up to an external hard drive. I could be wrong, but that’s what I’ve heard. I would also imagine that those movies also exceed the 4GB file size limit for FAT32 drives.

I have tried Tunebite in the past, but it just seems really buggy and the resolution comes out horrible just like Aimersoft.

Well, you could try the free trial of Camtasia Studio, but I haven’t heard if it works for encrypted content. Wouldn’t hurt to download the trial and experiment.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2620351]Well, you could try the free trial of Camtasia Studio, but I haven’t heard if it works for encrypted content. Wouldn’t hurt to download the trial and experiment.[/QUOTE]

I’ll check it out thanks. I don’t own very many iTunes movies. Probably like 8. So if this doesn’t work I’ll probably just forget it and go on Amazon and buy em on DVD and toss the iTunes downloads since they’re pretty much useless.