iTunes DRM illegal: Norwegian government takes the lead

vbimport

I just posted the article iTunes DRM illegal: Norwegian government takes the lead….

In a followup of crustyteacup’s recent news item about the rise of European dissatisfaction in Apple’s attitude to consumers, Reuters reports today that Norway’s ombudsman has taken the…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12932-iTunes-DRM-illegal-Norwegian-government-takes-the-lead___.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12932-iTunes-DRM-illegal-Norwegian-government-takes-the-lead___.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

No big deal, Apple will just tell them to pound sand and they’ll fold faster than Superman on laundry day, just like the big mouth politicians in France.

This should be a no brainer since Nintendo tried to do the same thing back in the '80s with the NES.

No big deal, Apple will just tell them to pound sand and they’ll fold faster than Superman on laundry day, just like the big mouth politicians in France.

These are consumer protection agencies, some of which are part of the government. They are not going to step down against Apple. Now, what could happen instead is that a few politicians who get their paycheck from the media cartel will step in to protect their masters…

"No big deal, Apple will just tell them to pound sand and they’ll fold faster than Superman on laundry day, just like the big mouth politicians in France. " Go ahead Apple, FOLD! Throw away a multi-billion dollar business, I dare you! Go ahead and throw away the BILLIONS of dollars in the future profits. You don’t want money anyway. Go ahead and give up the biggest legal online music store. Nobody will miss you. Someone else will replace you faster than Superman on laundry day and we’ll be able to play the music on ANY player, including the IPOD. Everyone says you make most of your money on the IPOD instead of music sales anyway so this shouldn’t hurt IPOD sales. Compatability rules!

Posted by klark_kent on Friday 26 January 2007 05:08 “No big deal, Apple will just tell them to pound sand and they’ll fold faster than Superman on laundry day, just like the big mouth politicians in France.” Impressive statement, but considerably less impressive after being baldly repeated. Here’s an analogy: would you like your elected government to be for, or against, a company such as Shell only allowing their fuel to be used in Ford cars, and preventing Ford drivers even entering the gas station? Would you vote for that? It has to be a no-brainer, right? And nothing to do with the EU vs US.

"Impressive statement, but considerably less impressive after being baldly repeated. " You can thank that on a message system that doesn’t allow you to later edit your responses or delete the duplicates. Also thank the apparently absent siteops. "Here’s an analogy: would you like your elected government to be for, or against, a company such as Shell only allowing their fuel to be used in Ford cars, and preventing Ford drivers even entering the gas station? Would you vote for that? " To be honest, I’m not for or against apple in this whole drama (don’t own an ipod and ever will) but I DO take exception with these loud mouth politicians who talk the talk, but chicken out when big companies either flex their muscle or cough up some bucks. JUST ONCE I’d like to see one of these countries ANNOUNCE that they’re standing up to apple, and then FOLLOW THROUGH! Now, that would cool! :X