Itunes and VariRec

Does anyone know if itunes supports VariRec? I don’t see anything in the settings. I have a PX-712A and it came with Roxio, but Roxio doesn’t seem to support AAC Format.

You can start Plextools, activate VariRec and leave Plextools running in the background… In that way the setting should be “transparent” to all burning applications, in the sense that they don’t even know that the drive is working in VariRec mode… the same applies to GigaRec and (I think) also to SecuRec.

Hope this helps, :slight_smile:

ET

P.S. Just for curiosity: do you find VariRec useful? Do you have particular reasons/needs to use it? I am asking it because in my (few, have to say) experiments I have never been able to obtain better burns using it…

Actually, this is my first experience with VariRec. I was wanting to give it a try and see if it makes a difference in the quality. I guess the main reason I want to use it is just to see what all the hype is about, but from what I have been reading it may be just that - hype.

The main problem I’ve had in the past is with DVD burning. I’ve had quite a few bad copies with my old burner, and I’m hoping that my new PX-712A with VariRec will correct most of the problems. I’ll let you know if I see a significant change in quality. Thanks for the info!

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Keep us posted, regards,

ET