It plays only in black & white

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DMR-EZ485V DVD Recorder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]My DVD player/recorder will only play & record in Black & White. What can I do to get it in color?

[QUOTE=rpbattista;2407642][qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DMR-EZ485V DVD Recorder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]My DVD player/recorder will only play & record in Black & White. What can I do to get it in color?[/QUOTE]

A likely problem is incorrectly connected component cables (blue, green, red) or a faulty cable set. Other likely problems may occur when configuring settings related to HDMI connectivity or “Progressive Scan.”

Pay special attention to the settings you have chosen in the TV Screen and other related sections of the SETUP menu. Check your Operating Instructions for an explanation of settings that will be compatible with your TV.

You must first isolate the problem to playback or recording.
Usually this is easy by playing a known good DVD.
If you are using the Panasonic-supplied HDMI cable for the upconversion benefit and there is still no color, try using a regular (yellow) RCA video cable from the DMR’s VIDEO OUT to any of the HDTV’s regular video inputs.
If that provides a color display, then you need to determine if the HDMI problem is at the player or TV end! Since the TV may have NO settings for the HDMI inputs, the DMR DISPLAY SETUP is the place to play with the HDMI settings.
BTW: I have 2 DMR-EZ47’s. The 475 is only different by the included HDMI cable.