It is possible to mod PC DVD Writer fw?

vbimport

I want ask Liggy question about:
It is possible mod Firmware Optiarc AD-7260S v1.03 or any other Opriarc PC drive to burn on standard DVD+R DL media - .iso file with size(8Â 738Â 846Â 720 bytes) and LayerBreak=2133520 ?

I wondered the same thing.

Same question for @Liggy that could be great

Short answer is no. Unless you want to void the warranty or make a paper weight you should know something indepth about programming and then have some knowledge as to what does what and what the program does for the drive. There are plenty of programmers on here with mod fw but that relates to specific drives and some that you can’t mod the fw. So you should remember those modded fw on here put no claims or warranty that your drive with work and it is use at your own risk should something go wrong.

Noone cares about any warranty mod is mod.
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72772
and its possible
100% Customized burner firmware - never been done before !
Full 8.7GB 100% Backups on standard Dual Layer DVD+R DL

3 new users who are suddenly interested in the same - very uncommon - patch. Looks like either someone wants to push his own request or it’s about something that is not really legal.

I’ve never cared much about the actual burning routines or commands that are used here. If the chipset of the burner supports this, it should be doable, but I’m not sure if you can find anyone who’s got time plus skills to do it.

well apparently somebody has done it, it so xgd3 format xbox 360 backups fit on dual layer discs.

As you may or may not be aware, the new XGD3 format has a larger capacity than a standard DVD+R DL disc so it has become virtually impossible to make a 100% backup of the disc.

They said it was impossible. They said that CFW was finished. They were wrong.

C4E presents yet another world first to the Xbox scene, the iXtreme DVD Burner FW which now increases the capacity of a standard dual layer DVD+R DL to a FULL 8.7GB !

Features:

• 100% Customized burner firmware – never been done before !
  • Full 8.7GB 100% Backups on standard Dual Layer DVD+R DL
  • Flashable via Jungle Flasher (Upcoming Version)
  • No IMGBurn Errors
  • No CIV errors
  • Passes all current checks

Requirements:

• Verbatim Dual Layer DVD+R DL Compatible only at this time
  • ********** SATA DVD Burner

Note: The model of the DVD Burner will be announced shortly. There are several different versions of this model and we want to make sure that each one can be patched before we tell you to go out and buy.

We are so far supporting 4 different versions of this drive, we want to make sure we can cover as many as possible.

There are LOTS of this particular drive available and the RRP is less than $25 USD. On the bright side At least everyone will be forced to upgrade to a decent burner now :wink:

Testing is fully underway. The current LT+ 2.0 requires no update (except Samung which will require a small change). As an example we bought the troublesome Forza4 (doesn’t work with previous burning method – failed various checks), ripped to a backup using 0800 v3 and burned using the new iXtreme Burner Max and have been playing with it on XBL for several hours with the same LT+ 2.0 that was released last week.

Coming very soon to a burner near you :slight_smile:

maybe they want to buy up all the burners and sell them at inflated prices?

[QUOTE=PogaN;2607470]Noone cares about any warranty mod is mod.
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72772
and its possible
100% Customized burner firmware - never been done before !
Full 8.7GB 100% Backups on standard Dual Layer DVD+R DL[/QUOTE]

They all say that til it goes bad and they make false claims to the manufacture that the drive failed. Sorry to stay bud but companies do test warranty drives and they know when someone mods the fw to unsupported fw and damages the drives of which they promptly void. As Liggy says it sounds like the latter is what the OP is trying to do and something others would not do for them as they will be blamed for causing damage to the other users drive when it was their own doing.

Thank you Liggy for answer,
sorry you do not want to take too and make a mod for the optiarcs, all we know you have good skills,
well soon many users will search same question over and over again…

Yeah it’s a shame only the Lite-on which incidently isn’t anywhere near as good as good as the Optiarc AD-72xx series gets the joy, can’t someone hook us up?

I make registration here just for that CFW.
Liggy you are our last hope to do that CFW in Optiarc.You are so famous please do something about that ,because iXtreme Burner MAX firmware V1.0 for Liteon iHAS drives.My drive is Optiarc AD 7590A and C4eva says that “A” versions have MTK chipset, but are old and untested.I am sure that will work,someone need to test it.Thanks in advance for help and answers

Hi and Welcome!

your AD7590A is a slim drive with NEC chipset. The last letter “A” indicates, this drive has P-ATA interface. In no way related to Liteon or MTK.
You better buy one of these Liteons and use an external enclosure.

Michael

i know that no way related to Liteon or MTK.i mean that someone must make same cfw for Optiarc.May be i will buy lite on ,but i like my Optiarc very much i burned 500-600 discs without problems.

[QUOTE=lazer88;2609095]i mean that someone must make same cfw for Optiarc.[/QUOTE]No one must. Of course, you can hire a programmer for that job.
Michael

i send PM to Liggy and Dee with more information about that Burner Max CFW.i hope that soon or later they will help.So many people like me will donate,if you need more help i can contact you with C4eva and team Jungle.Thanks in advance for help.

First of all Dee does not know how to patch the firmware’s assembler code. :wink:
Second is that I currently don’t have much time for patching firmwares - next holiday starts in December
Third point is that I’m not really sure about the legality of such a patch as the main intention is to burn copies of XBOX360 games. And I clearly do not want to be involved in any legal issues.

Even then it is unclear if the hardware supports overburning at all. In theory it should be sufficient to modify the firmware in a way that if a certain size (i.e. that of a DVD+R-DL) is detected, it just has to store a different value (4.267.015 blocks) internally instead. If there’s anyone else with V850 assembler knowledge, feel free to give it a go.

Thanks for answer Liggy.Burning xbox360 games is not legal issue,its normal to make back up of your original games,because original disc may scratch and you need copy.It seems that you dont want to help to xbox community at all.There is enough time till december holidays,Thanks for help anyway.

It just so happens that I know V850 assembler backwards!

Oh no wait, it’s the alphabet that I know backwards :wink:

Ignoring the reasons behind some people wanting such a mod, I think it would actually be quite an interesting challenge to see if it’s possible with Optiarc drives too.

People have been overburning for years but this is the first time it’s been possible on double layer discs :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2609241]…Ignoring the reasons behind some people wanting such a mod, I think it would actually be quite an interesting challenge to see if it’s possible with Optiarc drives too… :)[/QUOTE] :iagree:

@ OP, you can check this out by yourself using the “Discovery” mode in ImgBurn.
BTW, with ImgBurn almost everything is possible, only your drive sets the limits.
Good luck. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2609241]It just so happens that I know V850 assembler backwards!

Oh no wait, it’s the alphabet that I know backwards :wink:

Ignoring the reasons behind some people wanting such a mod, I think it would actually be quite an interesting challenge to see if it’s possible with Optiarc drives too.

People have been overburning for years but this is the first time it’s been possible on double layer discs :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for giving me more hope that one day we will se iXtreme Burner CFW for Optiarc drives.