Issues with burning DVD's for XboX 360

vbimport

Ok, I have a xbox 360, modded to read buned DVD’s (tested, works). I have some game ISO’s that I would like to burn.

I have read some and from what I have understood I need to burn on a DL DVD, slowest possible speed. The problem is that some people mention book setting and my drive won’t support book setting. Its a MATSHITA laptop DVD-drive. I have tried to burn one ISO and I get an error (could be a damaged ISO). I haven’t tried to burn other ISO’s yet, will do today. Does the book setting factor pose a problem or I should burn fine without setting?

Thanks.

@ solo84,

Unfortunately your “understanding” concerning Burning DL Media at the slowest possible speed is totally Incorrect. Burning Media at excessively slow speed to obtain quality results is a fallacy. Burning modern DVD Media in a modern DVD Burner at excessively slow speed actually produces poorer burning quality. Using a modern DVD Burner with the newest most current up to date Firmware with known proven quality DL Media (Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media) the best Burning quality is obtained by burning the DL Media (Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media) at or slightly slower than the DL Media rated speed.

Attempting to use any other DL Media other than Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media with result in poor quality problematic XBox 360 Backup Copy DVD disks.

For XBox 360 Backup Copy DVD disks to play/view correctly on an XBox 360 Requires that the DVD+R SL/DL Media be Book Type BitSet to DVD-ROM. If your undisclosed DVD Burner is not capable of Book Type BitSetting DVD+R SL/DL Media to DVD-ROM your XBox 360 Backup Copy DVD disks will NOT play/view correctly on an XBox 360.

Concerning XBox 360 Backup Copy DVD disks BitSetting DVD+R SL/DL Media to DVD-ROM is important, a requirement, and relative.

Regards,
bjkg

Thank you for your answer, I do use the abovementioned Verbatim disks. So, my drive does not support booksetting. Which drive does? What can I do in this case?

[QUOTE=solo84;2029611]Ok, I have a xbox 360, modded to read buned DVD’s (tested, works). [B]I have some game ISO’s that I would like to burn.[/B]

I have read some and from what I have understood I need to burn on a DL DVD, slowest possible speed. The problem is that some people mention book setting and my drive won’t support book setting. Its a MATSHITA laptop DVD-drive. I have tried to burn one ISO and I get an error (could be a damaged ISO). I haven’t tried to burn other ISO’s yet, will do today. Does the book setting factor pose a problem or I should burn fine without setting?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

First [B]you[/B] have to create suitable ISOs without protections.

Ok here’s an update: I was able to successfuly burn Doom 3 ISO. I used ‘Cookies Xbox Game burner’ 2.4x on a Verbatim DL. It plays just fine. I beleive that my drive IS capable of burning properly its jsut that most of the ISOs that I have are not good I guess

[QUOTE=solo84;2030022]Ok here’s an update: I was able to successfuly burn Doom 3 ISO. I used ‘Cookies Xbox Game burner’ 2.4x on a Verbatim DL. It plays just fine. I beleive that my drive IS capable of burning properly [B]its jsut that most of the ISOs that I have are not good I guess[/B][/QUOTE]

Read post #4? :confused:

Already did sir the thing is that I have downloaded the ISO I haven’t created it. The only way I will know if it’s good is when I burn it, right? :slight_smile:

@ solo84,

So you don’t actually own the XBox 360 Doom game but downloaded it off the Internet.

Perhaps you should review the Forum Rules concerning CopyRight material.

Regards,
bjkg

Actually I own it. But I got ‘onwed’ as I played it once or twice the drive fails to read it anymore. I was denied replacement even though the disc is not visibly damaged and was handled properly.

[QUOTE=solo84;2030129]Actually I own it. But I got ‘onwed’ as I played it once or twice the drive fails to read it anymore. [B]I was denied replacement[/B] even though the disc is not visibly damaged and was handled properly.[/QUOTE]

Uh, sounds really creepy.

[QUOTE=solo84;2030129]Actually I own it. But I got ‘onwed’ as I played it once or twice the drive fails to read it anymore. I was denied replacement even though the disc is not visibly damaged and was handled properly.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I’ve debated on getting a 360 but I’ve heard way too many stories like this from people. Consoles that scratch discs, consoles dying. I think I’ll pass for a while or indefinitely. It’s too bad there are def some cool games out there. My sisters BF is currently going through an RMA and using a friends 360 that scratches discs.

[QUOTE=chaosoffar2k;2030802]Yeah, I’ve debated on getting a 360 but I’ve heard way too many stories like this from people. Consoles that scratch discs, consoles dying. I think I’ll pass for a while or indefinitely. It’s too bad there are def some cool games out there. My sisters BF is currently going through an RMA and using a friends 360 that scratches discs.[/QUOTE]

I’ve had to replace three 360 Pro/Premium systems and one 360 Elite. On the very latest return, the idiots at the repair center sent me back an old Pro system with no HDMI port instead of the Elite that I had sent them. That was the last straw. I sold the system as soon as they straightened it out and haven’t looked back. My PS3, Wii, and PC have more than enough to keep me entertained for the moments I have to game, which are becoming fewer and further between these days (one of the harsh realities of marriage). :cop: