Issues with BluRay Ripper - 2 particular movies

vbimport

Interesting that 2 out of the 96 movies ripped so far - have issues with playback.

Zero-Dark-Thirty and Looper

Both play for a period of time and then quit.

Using PS3 MediaServer - to serve the movies - using 4 different devices as renderers - via DLNA.

Sony PS3
Sony Home DVD Theater / BluRay
Roku 3 ( 2 of these )
Sharp Aquos TV

One just stops - and the next movie starts to play - Looper after 38 minutes

The other - always stops and can never be resumed at 51 minutes - Zero-Dark-Thirty.

Zero-Dark-Thirty - gets an MP4 Buffer/Stack Overflow on Roku 3 - other devices - it just stops playing.

I use the exact same format for ripping for all 96 movies - these are the ONLY 2 that I am having issues with.

Any ideas / suggestions ??

I think that’s a pretty good record, 2 out of 96. Maybe they will rectify this. :kiss:

It appears the common thread between these 2 movies is : Cinavia.

Aiseesoft - is anyone from that manufacturer watching this forum?

[QUOTE=MrKState;2713318]It appears the common thread between these 2 movies is : Cinavia.

Aiseesoft - is anyone from that manufacturer watching this forum?[/QUOTE]

Yes , I have contacted them, although at this time of year they are very busy. I am sure he will see your thread soon, and I am almost positive short of a miracle they have not defeated Cinavia yet.:sad:

Well - found another thing - kind of interesting…

First - with the Blu-Ray ripper software - the check for updates function does not appear to be working …

I was using Version 6.x.x.x of the product.

Went to the FAQ - it stated to download the demo - and then register it…

So - the new version is 7.1.16

Have yet to find out how to register this new version to my account/subscription.

Anyway - decided to rip Zero-Dark-Thirty again - using the PS3 format - with 1 change ( upping the video bitrate up to 6000 kps )

So far - Zero-Dark-Thirty has played past the original spot ( 50+ minutes into playback ) where it was failing.

The only thing I can find - is that the default for audio files has changed from AAC to a DTS format.

Hi, I’m from Aiseesoft support and will provide some help for you.
Yes, we have improved a lot from version 6… to 7…, including Optimization of kernel and also the interface, which will make it more powerful.
As you mentioned that the movie can not play at the spot ( 50+ minutes), have you tried to play it on your local player or preview with the Aiseesoft program before converting, can it play well on that point?

Here are some data points for you.

The Disc plays fine - both on PC and in BluRay player ( several players … ).

Once I downloaded the new Aiseesoft BLuRay ripper - was able to rip the movie again. Used a modified PS3 settings - see earlier in this post.

The new ripped version played the mp4 - via dlna - served by PS3 Media Server (1.90.1) running on Unbuntu Linux 12.04TLS to several devices - Roku 3 and Sony Home DVD Theater. The movie is NOT being encoded as it is being served to the devices - each device is using the format of the ripped file.

Below is the output from the MEdiaInfo tool - for both the “failed” and “successful” rips…

Failed :

General
Complete name : D:\Videos\Failed\Zero_Dark_Thirty.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 10.1 GiB
Duration : 2h 36mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 9 187 Kbps

Video
ID : 1
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Simple@L1
Format settings, BVOP : No
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
Codec ID : 20
Bit rate : 9 052 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.146
Stream size : 9.93 GiB (99%)

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Stream size : 144 MiB (1%)

==============================================

Successful:

General
Complete name : D:\Videos\Zero_Dark_Thirty.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Sony PSP
Codec ID : MSNV
File size : 6.73 GiB
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 6 138 Kbps

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Baseline@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=12
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 6 001 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 12.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.097
Stream size : 6.58 GiB (98%)

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Duration_LastFrame : -17ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Stream size : 144 MiB (2%)

[QUOTE=Alice_here;2713401]Hi, I’m from Aiseesoft support and will provide some help for you.
Yes, we have improved a lot from version 6… to 7…, including Optimization of kernel and also the interface, which will make it more powerful.
As you mentioned that the movie can not play at the spot ( 50+ minutes), have you tried to play it on your local player or preview with the Aiseesoft program before converting, can it play well on that point?[/QUOTE]
welcome to the forum Alice, I am going to change your user title to [B]Aiseesoft Support[/B], I got a very nice e-mail from Pele, and he said you were the best. welcome to Myce.com.

Another data point - the movie did NOT play on PS3 - getting the infamous - issue with Cinavia.

Is there any assistance from Aiseesoft - on removing this watermark in audio - from the file being created from the blu-ray ripper program?

[QUOTE=Alice_here;2713401]Hi, I’m from Aiseesoft support and will provide some help for you.
As you mentioned that the movie can not play at the spot ( 50+ minutes), have you tried to play it on your local player or preview with the Aiseesoft program before converting, can it play well on that point?[/QUOTE]

Very glad to have you here Alice and welcome to the forums. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi, As for the first ripping problem, could you please send us back some extra information, such the purchase link which you used to purchase the disc of Zero-Dark-Thirty and Looper, we need to purchase the same disc and then make a further analyze.
And for another one issue about Cinavia, we are sorry that the current version can not support, we will consider for our next upgrade.
Thanks.

Looper was a retail purchase at Wal-Mart. Zero-Dark-Thirty was a retail purchase at BestBuy.

Hi, then please just carefully check out to find the barcode of those discs and send us back. You can find it on the backup of disc box, it will appear at the bottom or upper of backup, combine with some numbers.
Please try to find and provide all for us. Thanks.