Issues w/ burned dvd - choppy

I just burned my 1st DVD - and much to my dismay it doesn’t seem to be a success and I have no idea what the root cause of the issue could be.

Here’s what I have:

• Dual layer DVD burner in my HP laptop
  • DVD R+W

Here’s what I used:

• Slysoft AnyDVD Ripper
  • CloneDVD

Here’s what I did:

• The files were copied over to my hard drive (approx 8gb) into two folders: 1) VIDEO_TS; 2) AUDIO_TS (which was empty) using AnyDVD Ripper

• I used CloneDVD’s “Write Existing Data” function to copy ISO/VOB files onto a new DVDR+W w/ the output method as “DVD WRITER”.

• The whole process took about 30-40 min.

• I played the DVD using WINDVD in my HP and it comes out “choppy” and skips / bumps a lot.

Questions:
What happened here and what did I do wrong?
Did I use the right programs?
I take it that since I have a DVDR+W that I can just rewrite over this DVD…?
How do I utilize my “dual layer” DVD burner? Does this mean I can have a movie on both sides of my DVD R+W?

I don’t understand, can someone please help and clarify?

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Chris

well in general dvd+rw discs are harder for dvd players to read vs a standard dvd+r etc.

dvd+r dl support is those discs which hold 8.5GB of data on a SINGLE side instead of the usual 4.7GB.

dvd+rw discs and dvd+r discs are just SINGLE SIDED… so no u cant flip it over and burn to the other side.

my advice about the skipping is try “quality” dvd+r discs (like Verbatim or TY) and see what happens then.

EDIT: just noticed you said it was on the pc… maybe try using another program like Media Player Classic or KMPlayer etc to play that DVD and see what happens.

also if you have a standalone player that reads dvd+rw try it in that… cause if it works in there it’s gotta be something wrong on your pc etc… but if it acts up in there to odds are it’s something else like the burner maybe not likeing those discs etc etc… (quite a few scenario’s lol)

Can someone explain to me how he got 8 gb on a dvd rw using these programs and it actually played ??? Does Clone dvd compress it??

yes clonedvd does compress it so it fits onto a 4.7GB disc.

cause almost all movies etc are bigger than 4.7GB. so they need a DVD+R DL disc in order to get a 1:1 copy (perfect copy with no compression)

but my advice is to just compress it as quality is pretty much the same and it’s MUCH cheaper to burn dvd+r discs (about 30-40cents) vs dvd+r dl (about 1.50 to 2 dollars each)

[QUOTE=NBR;1962914]yes clonedvd does compress it so it fits onto a 4.7GB disc.

cause almost all movies etc are bigger than 4.7GB. so they need a DVD+R DL disc in order to get a 1:1 copy (perfect copy with no compression)

but my advice is to just compress it as quality is pretty much the same and it’s MUCH cheaper to burn dvd+r discs (about 30-40cents) vs dvd+r dl (about 1.50 to 2 dollars each)[/QUOTE]

Thx for the reply as don’t use clone dvd , agree with using quality dvd r discs instead of dvd rw …

[QUOTE=kissparo;1962918]Thx for the reply as don’t use clone dvd , agree with using quality dvd r discs instead of dvd rw …[/QUOTE]

yeah it’s cool :wink: … i to use dvd+rw discs from time to time for odds and ends burning… but for anything serious i stick with dvd+r’s :wink: