Issue with Samsung SH-182D

vbimport

When building my custom PC 12 months ago I purchased a Samsung SH-182D and it worked fine and had no issue with it. After burning 3 DVD’s the 4th Burn seem to have issues so i aborted the Progress. I tried burning other stuff like Audio CD’s with no such luck, it has been reading the Blank CD’s and DVD’s as RAW.
I checked my Device Driver for it to state that i have a SH-182F
I find it very wierd how my Drive can change Firmware within some minutes.

I have tried using software from Samsung to flash it back to SH-182D but no such luck. Is there any program or help i can get to help me flash it back to SH182D?

[QUOTE=RememberMe;2025736]When building my custom PC 12 months ago I purchased a Samsung SH-182D and it worked fine and had no issue with it. After burning 3 DVD’s the 4th Burn seem to have issues so i aborted the Progress. I tried burning other stuff like Audio CD’s with no such luck, it has been reading the Blank CD’s and DVD’s as RAW.
I checked my Device Driver for it to state that i have a SH-182F
[B]I find it very wierd how my Drive can change Firmware within some minutes. [/B]

I have tried using software from Samsung to flash it back to SH-182D but no such luck. Is there any program or help i can get to help me flash it back to SH182D?[/QUOTE]

It cannot and never has.
Open up devicemanager, uninstall the ide drivers, restart and check again.

Thanks but still no good.

The only thing i could properly be more helpful is giving you my system specs. BTW I kinda exaggerated when I said minutes, I actually dont know how long it took.

GA-965P-S3
Intel E6600 2.4 OC’d @ 3.6ghz
ATI Radeon 2900XT
Samsung 2504C (Hard Drive)
AudioFX Force Feedback Headset (Dont know if this is relevant)
2GB DDR2 800mhz
Samsung SH-182D (SH-182F it appears to be now) <— The Problem

Don’t overclock.

Post the output from discinfo here.

Hi,[quote=RememberMe;2025913]
Samsung SH-182D (SH-182F it appears to be now) <— The Problem[/quote]Maybe you ordered a 182D, but you received a 182F, which is a slightly different drive? You might remove the drive and have a look onto the sticker that is on top of the drive.

Basically, it is possible to flash 182D (or similar) firmware on a 182F, but since hardware is different, such is not a good idea.

Another reason for your problems might be the controller (or its drivers) your drive is connected to. Make sure, the IDE controller is configured to “IDE” mode and try Windows default drivers.

Michael

I have checked it and it is a SH-182D, I have reinstalled the IDE drivers and checked the bios, still no change from there.

But Since u said it is possible to flash it to a SH-182D wat program do you use? I use the Samsung Firmware and it says its incompadible…

The “SCSI” info for your drive comes from the controller it is connected too. Also some drivers report weird setting info back, nothing toworry.