Issue with Nvidia GeForce drivers causes another issue with Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Originally published at: https://www.myce.com/news/issue-with-nvidia-geforce-drivers-causes-another-issue-with-windows-10-october-2018-update-85569/

An issue with the Windows 10 October 2018 Update and Nvida GeForce video cards causes the Edge browser to become unresponsive when playing videos. The issue was discovered by users who installed the cumulative Windows 10 update for the October 2018 update that was released together with last month’s Patch Tuesday.

Great…

I have an AMD Radeon RX 480 card, so I’m unaffected by this. This has to be worst update for Windows 10 so far in terms of problems. The amount of serious issues that keep coming up is making me wonder why this didn’t get more testing before it was released. I don’t think the twice a year update cycle does Microsoft any good and they be wise to slow it to once a year. I’m running this update and I’ve had no issues as of yet (must be lucky). I hope they get this stuff better sorted out in the future.

One says that but the problem wasn’t caused by Windows but by the GPU driver but that doesn’t mean your AMD driver can also cause it as well.