Issue with DVD9 playback

vbimport

Hey all, first post woo hoo!

Recently Ripped a Full DVD with DVD Fab Platinum ver 4.0.1.6
Burned the Video_TS with Nero Burning Rom 7.0.1.4 onto a memorex DVD+R DL

I didn’t get any errors during the rip or the burn. When I try to view the disc in my xbox 360 If I choose a selection from the menu the screen scambles and freezes.

If I play the disc in my laptop it works fine.

If I play it in a normal DVD player it did not even recognize the disc.
I then tried burning it with a Sony DVD+R DL and got the same results. Is the issue with my 360? I can play normal DVD+R’s with no issue, is there another way I can rip or burn the Dual Layer disc?

The only reliable DL media to use is Verbatim.

I would not use Nero for DL burning. Use ImgBurn, it tends to do a better job finding proper layer brake.
I had similar problem with DL discs.
Try to get Verbatim x16 DVD+R/DL. Burn at 1/2 speed. Make sure they are made in Singapore. Same brand x2.4 did not work for me.
ImgBurn will make it DVD-Rom, so is Nero if you check Options.

[QUOTE=CDuncle;2000008]I would not use Nero for DL burning. Use ImgBurn, it tends to do a better job finding proper layer brake.
I had similar problem with DL discs.
[B]Try to get Verbatim x16 DVD+R/DL. Burn at 1/2 speed.[/B] Make sure they are made in Singapore. Same brand x2.4 did not work for me.
ImgBurn will make it DVD-Rom, so is Nero if you check Options.[/QUOTE]

1x or 2x is no valid DVD+R DL speed.
2.4x is, aswell 4x, 6, 8x and so on if supported. :wink:

[QUOTE=chef;2000011]1x or 2x is no valid DVD+R DL speed.
2.4x is, aswell 4x, 6, 8x and so on if supported. ;)[/QUOTE]

I did not say I used 2.4 at 1/2 speed:)

16*1/2=8

Wasnt clear to me, you also said “16x Verbatim” which is n/a as DL.
2.4x usually is supported with all DL capable burners, but the media quality counts much. :wink:

Try ImgBurn (as was suggested) with your current discs if you still have some left.

I was given some Memorex 2.4X DL (Ritek D01) that I successfully burned with my Pioneer 115D. Although the scans were rather poor they did play in JVC, Sony and Phillips players, but not in my Pioneer recorder.

I have to apologize.
It was 8x Verbatim not 16.:o

No problem, CDuncle. :flower:

MKM001 is Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x and MKM003 is Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x rated, also MKM004 should come soon.

Thanks for the suggestions all, I still have some left, I will give that a try. CDuncle, where did you get your verbatims? did you order them online?

Post#18, I believe.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/reading-dual-layer-dvds-235705/