Issue using Customize on (3D) Blu-Ray copy

vbimport

Last weekend I wanted to backup my Shrek 3D Blu-Ray discs to BD25, retaining all content except for certain languages and subtitles that I don’t need. I started DVDfab 9.0.5.5, went to Copy->Customize and selected all titles. The audio and subtitle tracks I don’t need were already deselected due to my preferences.

I then clicked NEXT, chose “Copy as Blu-ray 3D” and started the conversion. After some hours I was provided with the ISO file that I wrote to BD-R.

At first everything seemed to work fine, however I was unable to jump to any chapter - neither during playback nor from the scene selection and using Nero Blu-ray player, I wasn’t even able to play the disc at all.

Doing a complete disc copy including all languages and subtitles works but was not the result I wanted to have. Is this a known bug or did I do anything wrong?

I haven’t heard of this issue specifically but I know DVDFab has had other problems with certain 3D discs but I have to confess that I’ve never done a 3D Blu-ray myself as I don’t have a 3D TV.

As a workaround you could try doing a complete disc copy to hard drive then using that as input for the conversion.

[B]Wombler[/B]