IsoHunt to pay $110 million in damages to MPAA and shutdown site

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: IsoHunt to pay $110 million in damages to MPAA and shutdown site[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/10/myce-isohunt-logo-95x50.gif[/newsimage]

Torrent search engine IsoHunt will close its doors after the owner has settled with the MPAA after 7 years of lawsuits.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/isohunt-to-pay-110-million-in-damages-to-mpaa-and-shutdown-site-69200/](http://www.myce.com/news/isohunt-to-pay-110-million-in-damages-to-mpaa-and-shutdown-site-69200/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Wonder when the greedy MPAA will go after Google, Bing etc…??

Maybe if the they changed their sales model to something like the recording industry it wouldn’t be such a real or imaginary problem for them…

Of course the MPAA is happy, they just sued someone for more money than the average man makes in his entire life. “Who cares if his life is irreparably destroyed, we just got money!” Once again, this supposed piracy is just a lame excuse to steal acquire easy money.

Did ISOHUNT ever make this kind of money?
It doesn’t seem possible… google and all it’s activities pulls in quite a bit more, but only after the totality of all the businesses their into… this was a little torrent site. This will become more of an issue when Google deploys their 1 gigabit internet service to more than 1 million customers served, not passed (tipping point).

For now it seems TPB is teflon again… no significant efforts to take it down-- block it, yes… take the servers offline, no.

[QUOTE=paulw2;2705053]Wonder when the greedy MPAA will go after Google, Bing etc…??

Maybe if the they changed their sales model to something like the recording industry it wouldn’t be such a real or imaginary problem for them…[/QUOTE]

They can’t all google and yahoo, bing does it block their sites and guess what they will come crying to those sites and beg to have their links back. They may think they are bigger but all those sites do is block them and their sales will plummet. Why else why wouldn’t you think they haven’t gone after those sites? Lawyers that is way…go for the small one that can’t protect themselves but stay away from the larger one because they can bite back and the bite could be more financial hit them they want.

Yes that’s possible. I’ve talked once to an ‘industry insider’ (someone who 100% knows) and he told me a torrent site can easily make 10-20k a day. I think e.g. the Piratebay will make much more. It’s the fake download links and the dating stuff I guess that does it.

Maybe they once started as digital activists, but I don’t think they’ve gone through all the legal trouble to fight for digital rights, but for their own income instead. Money corrupts!

If one was facing the MPAA & it looked like they would lose & have to pay an amount like that. If they actually had that much money they should look at hiring some hitmen with it.
I wonder how many MPAA execs Fung would have had to have taken out before they dropped the lawsuit ?

There are too many gullible people out there who fall for these ads. You can search through your bittorrent engine to avoid these ads altogether… but sometimes the VUZE search isn’t accurate as it should be and you have to go in and manually search to make sure your getting the right results… I find this often when searching for the latest tv series… since you have US tv series and UK tv series to deal with which are not as easily findable on some torrent search engines than others. The only other reason to go to the website is to make sure a file is not fake by reading the comments on a torrent. I wish that can be parsed too via the bittorrent client so you don’t have to view ads.