Isohunt may shut down after court ruling

vbimport

I just posted the article Isohunt may shut down after court ruling.

A U.S. judge has ordered Bit Torrent search site Isohunt to remove all infringing content, a ruling that will probably result in the site’s demise.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/isohunt-may-shut-down-after-court-ruling-27849/](http://www.myce.com/news/isohunt-may-shut-down-after-court-ruling-27849/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It’s nice to see that despite the royalties that content companies receive from sales of blank CD’s & DVD’s from Canadian consumers, the USA can still steam-roll the Canadian legal system in pursuit of profits :iagree:

I thought Canada was an independent country with an independent legal system, guess I was wrong, darn :stuck_out_tongue: But hell, who am I to talk, being Greek and going bankrupt on a national level… darn again :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=debro;2506793]It’s nice to see that despite the royalties that content companies receive from sales of blank CD’s & DVD’s from Canadian consumers, the USA can still steam-roll the Canadian legal system in pursuit of profits :iagree:[/QUOTE]

And the funny part is the pirates are still partying still… so what did that ruling really do… basically did crap… long live p2p… someone else will just come up and take over from isohunt. So the court really did nothing to fix the problem…the greed of industry to R&pe the consumers constantly…

Greed knows no borders.

Damn. This will suck. I use Isohunt all the time.

Well it has no effect on me as I never use any kind of Bit Torrent SW but still
Big Corporate greed has no boundaries or boarders it seems BIG BROTHER has
arrived and his name is USA CORPORATE GREED. :eek:

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2506924]I thought Canada was an independent country with an independent legal system, guess I was wrong, darn :stuck_out_tongue: But hell, who am I to talk, being Greek and going bankrupt on a national level… darn again :p[/QUOTE]
I hope your wine cellar is full then :wink:

[QUOTE=getit29;2507546]Well it has no effect on me as I never use any kind of Bit Torrent SW but still
Big Corporate greed has no boundaries or boarders it seems BIG BROTHER has
arrived and his name is USA CORPORATE GREED. :eek:[/QUOTE]:rolleyes:

:disagree:Here we go again. It is INTERNATIONAL CORPORATE GREED!!! I have too much respect for Canadian people as I have been there many times to believe they would let anybody steamroll them. International Corporations state and maintain the agenda. If yo aren’t International, you don’t even count. Incidentally, Bono, of U2, where ever he calls home, is one of the biggest proponents of DRM. He is a champion of it. He is not American, is filthy rich, and moans about poor people:sad: and global issues while living a life style that Kings of Old :smiley: could not have dreamed of. He has a larger carbon footprint of some small governments. Greed is Greed. It is pervasive, affects all, it’s everywhere. If I said Canadian Corporations where greedy because they believe they own all that land North of them, which has never been populated and have never had a presence on, would you retort that that isn’t greed and Canada is protecting it’s Corporate interests? Do you really think you have a say in it? I know I don’t have a say in it in either country, mine or any other, of course if you count the illusion that your vote counts (and I have voted in every election I was eligible since I was 18). It is cheaper to take cheap shots than to think about the real issues that come into play. There are many artists that are trying to protect their music and other forms of art. They want you do buy a copy for every medium on which you place it. Whether you agree with it or not, it is an issue the courts will decide. Even if the decision is financed and put forward by the RIAA and other groups. The Artists want this (most of them), and they are global.

Well, considering the US is our biggest trading partner we really didn’t have much of a choice. Isohunt isn’t worth a trade boycott. There will be other torrent search engines. The more things change…

[QUOTE=Zathros;2507888]Incidentally, Bono, of U2, where ever he calls home, is one of the biggest proponents of DRM. He is a champion of it. He is not American, is filthy rich, and moans about poor people:sad: and global issues while living a life style that Kings of Old :smiley: could not have dreamed of. He has a larger carbon footprint of some small governments. Greed is Greed. It is pervasive, affects all, it’s everywhere.[/QUOTE] So if Bono is dead we all can use Isohunt happily forever? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2507960]So if Bono is dead we all can use Isohunt happily forever? :)[/QUOTE]

That’s really funny!:smiley: I actually really like a lot of U2’s music. I think people forget that the RIAA is composed or the Artist putting forth their agenda and using the courts and lawyers to do it in a collective manner. I don’t use torrents, too many virus’s and crap to deal with. I don’t buy the U.S A. is the bad guy thing all the tim, it is a “cop out”, ( though obviously is true sometimes), as is with every other country. People really can suck at times and since most countries recognize Corporations as having the same rights as people, the problem becomes obvious, with International Corporations that have loyalty to no country only to wealth and greed. This seems so obvious to me. If someone wants to say Bush was the worst president America ever had, you would get no argument with me. Obama, I just don’t know, as he hasn’t had much time to fix the most of the previous 20 years. It isn’t like the average American is reaping all the benefits of these greedy bastards.