Isobuster and verifying a disk

vbimport

Ok, so I am very fussy when it comes to disks. Whenever I see any mark on the surface of a disk showing after burning I get very frustrated and debate whether I should burn it again. I recently purchased some maxell disks which have a repeated mark on most disks burnt from the reels. If I use IsoBuster “Check if files are physically readable” will it ensure that nothing is corrupted? Even in big files. Also will verifying the disk after burn have the same results?

I had a datawrite disk once and the burner messed up the die on the disk when burning. One day I use the disk and copy all the contents. I mount an image file on the disk and it mounts fine. However when I install the game from the image I get an error (not so on a clean copy), so therefore the data there is corrupted. Unfortunetely I don’t threw away the disk so I can’t scan it. I cant afford to have that happening without me knowing about it!

[quote=jo118;2137304]Ok, so I am very fussy when it comes to disks. Whenever I see any mark on the surface of a disk showing after burning I get very frustrated and debate whether I should burn it again. I recently purchased some maxell disks which have a repeated mark on most disks burnt from the reels. If I use IsoBuster “Check if files are physically readable” will it ensure that nothing is corrupted? Even in big files. Also will verifying the disk after burn have the same results?

I had a datawrite disk once and the burner messed up the die on the disk when burning. One day I use the disk and copy all the contents. I mount an image file on the disk and it mounts fine. However when I install the game from the image I get an error (not so on a clean copy), so therefore the data there is corrupted. Unfortunetely I don’t threw away the disk so I can’t scan it. I cant afford to have that happening without me knowing about it![/quote]
You must not be to fussy when it comes to disks because you are using low quality media to burn on, most low quality discs are very problematic at times and over time may or will start showing signs of playback issues.

You can scan your burned discs using nero cd speed/discspeed to verify if there is any bad sectors, just going by isoBuster to verify the burn is really not reliable because isoBuster’s main concept is for extracting data off a disc that has become very problematic on readability.

Have a nice day :flower:

oh cool, thanks mate. So if doing the speed test can check for errors as well. Does the results on the graph make any difference or is it just if an error pops up?
Also I just bought 150 TYG03 Verbatim branded disks :P.

[quote=jo118;2137373]oh cool, thanks mate. So if doing the speed test can check for errors as well. Does the results on the graph make any difference or is it just if an error pops up?
Also I just bought [B]150 TYG03 Verbatim branded disks[/B] :P.[/quote]
Don’t know if you have nero cd speed installed or not so here is a link to the free version
http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
when you want to check for errors use the “ScanDisc” tab it will scan the disc and will let you know if there is any damaged sectors and/or Bad sectors…if any sectors show in red then those are the bad sectors(unreadable)…yellow sectors are damaged but still readable.

[B]150 TYG03 Verbatim branded disks [/B]now thats a good comb :bigsmile: will never go wrong using the best :cool:

Yea I got the speed test, just didn’t know how to use it. Cheers mate, this should help if I’m ever in doubt. I wouldn’t use the good stuff to give to someone else but I wouldn’t give them a disk which didn’t work either.