Isobuster and optiarc

vbimport

isobuster and http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118073
I am trying to rescue a disc from the complete set of Star Trek. A lot of the discs are bubbling and are not readable by powerdvd 6.

Isobuster is on its’ second day of extracting this disc- now at 96%.[put in zeros when cant read] It will take at least 8 more hours to finish.
My question is : does this kind of extraction hard on the dvd burner? I dont want to hurt this burner as it was double the cost of a ordinary burner.
P9z77-v 3770K 16gb

[QUOTE=malmal;2704068] My question is : does this kind of extraction hard on the dvd burner? [/QUOTE] My guess is yes - normal consumer drives are not meant to be running hour after hour.

Bummer :frowning:
edit: maybe the optiarc is made of sterner stuff?

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2704073]My guess is yes - normal consumer drives are not meant to be running hour after hour.[/QUOTE]But that drive is a “duplicator grade” drive (if you believe the marketing spin). :wink:

So the real and important question is: what is the proper burner for this job considering the optiarc is no slouch .

[QUOTE=malmal;2704077]So the real and important question is: what is the proper burner for this job considering the optiarc is no slouch.[/QUOTE]Whatever drive you have…

Alternatively, finding someone else with the same DVD and copying theirs instead of putting the wear on your drive trying to read your disc.

[QUOTE=malmal;2704077]So the real and important question is: what is the proper burner for this job considering the optiarc is no slouch .[/QUOTE] A drive you value less than the content of your DVD.

"Alternatively, finding someone else with the same DVD and copying theirs"
Piratebay maybe,
What burner would you suggest for this job that is more robust than my optiarc ?
edit: cross post.
Why have a site for cd/dvd readers and burners if you recommend the tough stuff be allocated to the cheapest POS that you have?

[QUOTE=malmal;2704084] Why have a site for cd/dvd readers and burners if you recommend the tough stuff be allocated to the cheapest POS that you have?[/QUOTE] If you don’t want truthful answers, then don’t ask. And if you want people to keep helping you here, then don’t insult the site.

Your consumer drive is built and sold for about $25 and designed to read and write an occasional disc. It’s not a production or laboratory piece of equipment designed to run for hours and hours to pull almost unreadable data off a bad disc.

So if you value your drive more than the content of your DVD, then don’t use it that way.

In the few cases where I have tried to rescue a commercial DVD, I have used some of my less important drives in case they die during the rescue operation.

Also I can say that Optiarc drives are not best in damaged DVDs reading. My LiteOn iHASx24 A and iHASx24 B drives are my best readers, they can often to read really very very bad DVDs that Optiarcs even can’t recognize as DVD media (ImgBurn says that medium not present when I inserted them to any of my Optiarc drives)

"And if you want people to keep helping you here, then don’t insult the site"
I apologize. I typed that in the heat of the moment.

"My LiteOn iHASx24 A and iHASx24 B drives are my best readers"
Thank you.