IsoBuster 1.3 released

vbimport

IsoBuster 1.3

IsoBuster 1.3
Update/Info:
New

• Full *.PXI (Plextools) image file support (multiple tracks, multiple sessions, CD-Text, …)
  • Roxio Compressed UDF format supported.
  • Drag and Drop (drag image files to the TreeView (left pane), drag files from the ListView (right pane) …)

Improvements

• Tray Open/Close detection (for newer MMC3 compliant devices)
  • Start up Maximized displays the form properly all the times.

Bugfixes

• Extraction of audio tracks from certain image file formats was not always done correctly.

IsoBuster : The Ultimate CD/DVD data recovery tool !

IsoBuster features :

• Data recovery from CD and DVD.
  • Better Error handling and several retry-mechanisms to aid you in getting the data anyway.
  • More CDs stay ‘readable’ after problems (such as Buffer Underrun).
  • Read and extraction of files, tracks and sessions from CD-i, VCD, SVCD, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, DVD, DVCD, …
  • Mpg (*.dat) Extraction and dat2mpg ‘in one’.
  • ISO9660, Joliet, Romeo (Short File-names <-> Long File-names on mastered CDs)
  • Big Endian (Motorola), Little Endian (Intel) (The File System Windows sees vs. what Unix, Mac and other systems see)
  • UDF 2.01 but also : UDF 1.02 (e.g DVDs), UDF 1.5 (e.g. Packet writing on CD-R and CD-RW)
  • Scanning for lost files and folders.
  • Rock Ridge Support (e.g. for Commodore users)
  • Single sector extraction
  • File system properties (must for FS developers)
  • Neat features the OS doesn’t offer
  • CD-Text support
  • Comprehensive help file

On top of this, Isobuster interprets CD image files, such as :

• *.DAO (Duplicator), *.TAO (Duplicator), *.ISO (Nero, BlindRead, Creator), *.BIN (CDRWin), *.IMG (CloneCD), *.CIF (Creator), *.FCD (Uncompressed), *.NRG (Nero), *.GCD (Prassi), *.P01 (Toast), *.C2D (WinOnCD), *.CUE (CDRWin), *.CDI (DiscJuggler), *.CD (CD-i OptImage), *.GI (Prassi PrimoDVD), *.PXI (PlexTools).

Shoey :smiley:

Sounds good, think I am about to update my version :).

Maybe you could use the newssubmit on our frontpage as well. If you submit the news there, most likely it will be posted (and yes, your name will be mentioned;))…

thanx a lot: i love the proggie!

any changelog available?

Update/Info:
New

• Full *.PXI (Plextools) image file support (multiple tracks, multiple sessions, CD-Text, …)
  • Drag and Drop (drag image files to the TreeView (left pane), drag files from the ListView (right pane) …)

Improvements

• Tray Open/Close detection (for newer MMC3 compliant devices)
  • Start up Maximized displays the form properly all the times.

Bugfixes

• Extraction of audio tracks from certain image file formats was not always done correctly.

Shoey :cool:

Originally posted by Shoebedobedoo
[B]Update/Info:
New

Shoey :cool: [/B]

great piece of news!! … a bit late tho :cool:
i just trashed my two backup rw’s and started usind a more stable hd :wink:

IsoBuster is really a veteran of optical discs. And Peter Van Hove is a wonderful and nice man.
There is OSForensics, but in terms of optical discs, nothing known by me can compete with Peter’s IsoBuster.

I wonder, what will happen to the software when the developement stops.
Who will keep developing it? Hopefully not abandoned. It would be useful, if the source code of each compatible release gets published. That would probably also allow a native cross-platform support (Linux, BSD, etc.).

Lastest version compatible with the lastest Windows versions:

• IsoBuster 2.5.6: lastest known version for Windows 95/98/2000.
  • IsoBuster 4.0: still supports Windows XP.

I am glad, that Peter Van Hove follows the philosophy of covering the full feature range of each and every previous version (unlike HyunYeulLee’s Samsung Galaxy S6).
The secret license key algorithm changed with each major new version (1, 2, 3, 4), so one needs to purchase a new license every 5 years if the newest version is required. I must say, that IsoBuster is still very priceworthy. Costs 10 times less than OSForensics and is even only 5 MB large, not 500 MB. It was included on Hiren’s Boot CD, which was unfortunately abandoned at version 15.2 (release 20121107).

@TL7, yo we already have ISO buster 4.0 what does bringing up a 1.3 posting help here? It would help you created a update posting for ISObuster 4.0 not 1.3. I called this a Zombie posting and Hijacking.

Whoops. You just bumped it again.