ISO vs TS_VIDEO contents Burn

vbimport

Hoping some knowledgeable person will be able to answer this one…

DVDFab supports both Full Disc (Video-TS File) burns and iso burns - is there any advantage using one over the other, as I have noticed that some that post here do iso burns, others do a regular image burn (so far, I’ve stuck with the image burns, but curiosity is getting the better of me…)

Thanx

P.S. Is there somewhere on this site I can edit my user name? - Shud be O’Canada, not O’Canada. :slight_smile:

[quote=O’Canada;2159732]

P.S. Is there somewhere on this site I can edit my user name? - Shud be O’Canada, not O’Canada. :)[/quote]
Yes you can ask for a name change in this [B]THREAD[/B]

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2159732]
DVDFab supports both Full Disc (Video-TS File) burns and iso burns - is there any advantage using one over the other, as I have noticed that some that post here do iso burns, others do a regular image burn (so far, I’ve stuck with the image burns, but curiosity is getting the better of me…)
[/QUOTE]
Hi O’Canada and welcome.

One is not better than another although a particular file type might be preferred for ripping…depending upon the user’s needs and how the file will be manipulated…say for video streaming and the like.
It’s a matter of personal preference and needs.

Clone mode will output in .ISO only.
File type is the default for all other modes, but .ISO can be selected as well.
Both types of “burns” will play in pcs and standalone players alike.

[QUOTE=GJ;2159740]Yes you can ask for a name change in this [B]THREAD[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help - just what I needed. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=maineman;2159756]Hi O’Canada and welcome.

One is not better than another although a particular file type might be preferred for ripping…depending upon the user’s needs and how the file will be manipulated…say for video streaming and the like.
It’s a matter of personal preference and needs.

Clone mode will output in .ISO only.
File type is the default for all other modes, but .ISO can be selected as well.
Both types of “burns” will play in pcs and standalone players alike.[/QUOTE]

Good info - appreciate the response, although for reasons mentioned in other threads, I’m having trouble imagining why someone would back up a main-stream film for “video streaming” - seems like the potential is there to step beyond the purpose of Fair Use…

And thanks for the welcome - look forward to contributing to this forum…

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2160924]Good info - appreciate the response, although for reasons mentioned in other threads, I’m having trouble imagining why someone would back up a main-stream film for “video streaming” - seems like the potential is there to step beyond the purpose of Fair Use…

And thanks for the welcome - look forward to contributing to this forum…[/QUOTE]

No problem, glad we could help.

No, I don’t see where video streaming [I]necessarily[/I] creates [I]more[/I] potential for stepping “beyond the purpose of Fair Use”.
Clearly, the potential is there whenever commercial media is backed-up.

I’m not certain were on the same page re: video streaming.
More and more users are converting from your basic round plastic to various mpeg-4 formats like DivX, XviD, h264 (which I use for my Ipod conversions), etc., etc.
File sizes are but a fraction of their parent dvd sizes and can be stored on hdd devices. These files offer outstanding video quality and can streamed to any number of areas in your house…to a nice flat panel HD TV in the family room, bedroom, outdoor kitchen or to your pc monitor.

I’ll be building a retirement home soon and believe me, I’ll be looking hard at these new toys.
Take a gander at a couple:

Zovia CS615 High Definition Network Media Player
Emtec Movie Cube

sorry…duplicate

Hey Tom
Two for this unit :wink: would be a good addition to your old age :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=maineman;2160947]No problem, glad we could help.

Again, to both you and GJ - thanks for the help.

No, I don’t see where video streaming [I]necessarily[/I] creates [I]more[/I] potential for stepping “beyond the purpose of Fair Use”.
Clearly, the potential is there whenever commercial media is backed-up.

Again, I agree 100 Percent.

I’m not certain were on the same page re: video streaming.

We aren’t - In my household, those here most directly and immediately able to influence my sanity, comfort, and “mellowness” of my nerves have instructed me to NEVER send the data flow from what I am watching to their video terminals (of which we have several)… if they want to see what I am watching that badly, they’ll join me - otherwise, leave them alone to watch their preferred program…

As a result, whenever I read or hear the term “streaming video”, I tend to immediately think of the variety featured on the web - thus that particular remark in my posting…

I’ll be building a retirement home soon and believe me, I’ll be looking hard at these new toys.

I’m not that far away from that state myself, but unless things change here drastically, streaming will have to remain on a pedestal too high for me to reach… but I’m still having fun!

:iagree: