ISO: Vista Compatible Replacement for Burning Rom

Howdy,

I am looking for a replacement for Nero Burning Rom. It seems that the current version of Nero 8 is incompatible with my new Samsung SH-203B. The SH-203B is being used in a new Vista Ultimate 64 bit box.

My requirements for new burning software are very simple.

I need lightweight Vista 64 compatible software that does the following efficiently.

1. Data DVD compilations burned in Juliet ISO format.
  2. Video_TS Files burned in DVD-Video compliant format
  3. Data CD compilations burned in Juliet ISO format.
  4. Audio CDs that are completely gapless and include CD-Text.
  5. High quality writes every time.

Surely, there has to be quality software out there that can do the above simple tasks effectively, without adding a bunch of unwanted features to the mix.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Milan

ImgBurn will handle your DVD and data needs nicely, current version doesn’t support audio CDs though. I see Burnnn (sp?) recommended a lot for audio.

edit: according to another thread in here, Burrrn doesn’t work with the 203 either.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I was experimenting with ImgBurn last night and found it very useful. I plan to stick with ImgBurn for the foreseeable future.

Now all I need is useful audio CD burning software for Vista 64 & the SH-203B.

Thank You,

Milan

No problems with Nero 8 (SH-S203B) and Vista 64bit here.

Maybe you have a SATA driver issue?

Nero 8 does report the SH-203B as an IDE drive under the “choose recorder” options.

Do I need to update the driver under Device Manager?
I am at work and can’t do it right now.

Thanks for your help,

Milan

IDE would apparently be correct.
The SH-S203B and the Lite-On LH-20A1S are both listed as IDE here. Nero just doesn’t list if they are P-ATA or S-ATA.

What problems are you having using Nero 8 with the SH-S203B?

Hi Dee,

Here is a link to a posting that explains my issue in further detail.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=1904002#post1904002

Thanks for your help,

Milan

It might be worth checking out the “lower/upper filters section” in this document.
Take care as this involves editing the system registry.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Thanks for the tip Dee.

I’d rather not take a chance on fooling with the registry. Hopefully there is a simple solution out there.

Milan

Hi,

There is. Run Imgburn and then select “Tools” ->“Filter Driver Load Order”. This will allow you to remove the upper and lower filters without editing your registry manually.
Since I don’t know if this works on Vista64, you should create a system restore point before.

Michael

Thanks Michael,

I will try this and get back to you.

Milan

Hi Michael,

I have tried to remove the upper and lower filters in IMGBurn using your instructions. I am not given an option to remove any of the filters. The remove filters option is grayed out and is unable to be selected.

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

I’d appreciate any additional info that you may have.

Thanks!

Milan

Hi,

so either ImgBurn can’t handle the upper/lower filters on Vista, or there are no installed. I am out of ideas now :frowning:

Michael

Thanks for your help Michael. I’ll keep searching for a solution to my Nero issue.

Milan