ISO to DVD?

Can ISO files be converted to DVD (so one can play it on the TV screen)?

ISO files are image files…think of them as a snapshot of a disk including all the data and structure of the files. If the ISO is made from a dvd-movie, then yes, it can be burned to a disk and played like the original disk.

ImgBurn can do this, as can most commercial burning programs.

Sure, at the latter half of this pictorial guide, it will show you how. Posts #67 to #74, but please also read Post #78.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html

Or you could go here.

EDIT: Geez I am a slowpoke.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2200037]ISO files are image files…think of them as a snapshot of a disk including all the data and structure of the files. If the ISO is made from a dvd-movie, then yes, it can be burned to a disk and played like the original disk.

ImgBurn can do this, as can most commercial burning programs.[/QUOTE]
That is what I thought as well, using “write image file to disc” - but it won’t play in my DVD player.

Test the ISO file on your computer and see if it will play there. VLC media player can play ISO movie files directly. www.videolan.org

If the ISO plays with no problems, then you may have something else going on. Check to see if the disk you burned plays in the computer.

Poor media, too fast a burn, picky dvd player…all could come into play as a reason the disk isn’t working on the stand alone dvd player.

It may be the “picky dvd player”, since it is not the latest. But I was wondering what happens if the ISO was made from a PAL DVD? I have no chance to convert it to NTSC once it is burned.

You need a DVD player that can play both PAL and NTSC format. Also if you are using DVD+R blank media you will need to booktype to DVD-rom for the DVD player to play it also as your might not support +R media

GJ:
IF my DVD player could play both formats, we would not have this discussion. It just does not.
And I use DVR-R media.