ISO image seems fine but won't burn w/DD

I ripped “2001 - A S O” with DVD Shrink with high quality compression and deep analyisis. The ISO it rendered seemed to play just fine with Daemon; I went through all the chapters to the end. But, when I went to burn the image with DVD Decrypter, it got about 6% the way and I got the ol’ “cyclic redundancy” thang.

This really confuses me; does it mean that the DVD itself is damaged although the ISO seemed to be shrunk and generated just fine?

Very frustrating; it has happened before.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

… Lathe.

cyclic redundancy while burning with decrypter ?
hmm, can you try a different brand of dvd blank disc ? also might try switching to -R/RW or + R/RW depending on what you first tried

Thank you for the comment, but I am using high quality (genuine) Prodisc DVD-R discs; I never use RW myself or + do to the supposed higher compatibility of the - format.

I know, isn’t this weird? And, on occasion, it has happened before. It just seems weird that the ISO “seems” to play fine in the virtual player, I’ve got the image now and I am hesitant to dump it, but it will not burn. And, in the past, when I’ve tried Deep Burner to burn the image instead, it will do it too. And, if I try more discs (of the same brand) it will just continue to make coasters. Should I post this in the “Advanced” area? But, I am new here, and pretty new to DVD burning (but, I learn fast : )

… Thanks,

… ŁΔŦĦΞ

I ripped “2001 - A S O” with DVD Shrink with high quality compression and deep analyisis. The ISO it rendered seemed to play just fine with Daemon; I went through all the chapters to the end. But, when I went to burn the image with DVD Decrypter, it got about 6% the way and I got the ol’ “cyclic redundancy” thang.

This really confuses me; doesn’t this usually mean that the Original DVD is damaged? I am using high quality (genuine, I read the manufactureres ID through DD) Prodisc DVD-Rs (the “-” for compatibility due to making copies to be played easier on regular DVD players; I NEVER use RW.) I have used Deepburner too and it does the same thing; and I have used more discs in the past, but they just become coasters. So, I’m pretty sure it’s not the media.

Does it mean that the Original commercial DVD itself is damaged and this has somehow transfered to the ISO, although the ISO seemed to be shrunk, generated, and played just fine in Daemon?

Very frustrating; it has happened before.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

(Uh, I AM in the “advanced” forum now… right? If I inadvertantly re-posted this in the NEWBIE area, I apologize; I am new to this)

… Lathe.

I’ve got the same problem as you, funnily enough i disk a chck disk and there are some errors on the HDD , whats weird though is that if I extract the image and burn with nero then it burns fine, it just seems to screw up on image files

A CRC error means that the drive cannot read the disc, this is often an indication that there is a problem with the disc. You say you use Prodisc and that they are of good quality but they’re actually quite questionable. Read this thread in our Media Forum on Prodisc DVD-R media and you will see scans that are not that great, especially at the end of the disc. I would suggest to follow Ghosters’ advice and try some different media.

Also, you said you got the CRC error when burning with DVD Decrypter? Usually a CRC error only comes up after you’ve burned the disc and try to read back the disc.

G@M3FR3@K:Also, you said you got the CRC error when burning with DVD Decrypter? Usually a CRC error only comes up after you’ve burned the disc and try to read back the disc.

that’s what i thought too. thought it odd that a cyclic redundancy error would occur while burning with decrypter.