ISO Help

I downloaded an ISO file that I wanted to burn onto a CD…so I downloaded ISO Recorder and using that, copied the image to the CD. Now Im stuck, how can I burn the files to a cd-r and make it bootable?

Hi and Welcome!

I assume, you got some Linux CD or similar. Normally there are instructions given, how to burn a disc from that image file.
Most convenient tool for burning images to a disc is ImgBurn.

Michael

Thanks!~

And noo… I have an iso file of a program that I’ve been trying to burn onto a cd-r and make it bootable, so I used ISO Recorder. And about ImgBurn, will it allow me to burn the iso file onto a cd-r and make it bootable?

What is the exact contents of that ISO file? Are you sure that it contains all needed information to be made bootable?

Its a XP upgrade, to replace my lost XP disk… so it should be bootable. But its in ISO format and I wanted to burn it onto a cd to boot my comp from, but thats where Im having problems.

[B]The rules:[/B][I] We do not allow, nor condone any messages containing:[/I]

[ul]
[li] Requesting for or posting of serial numbers, direct links to cracks or any other information that violates copyright laws or any other laws protecting intellectual property;
[/li][li] Requests for downloads of anything that is not freeware, shareware, trial versions or copyright-free material (hence, no ISOs, Warez or MP3s that are protected by copyright). Any references to such activities will also lead to deletion of the topic;[/ul]
[/li]
'nuff said. :cop:

Sorry but that’s clearly not a legal download. Please read the rules again about this kind of thing.

Thread closed.