ISO files unable to read anchor point

vbimport

I can convert my DVDs to ISO files but when I try to access them I get this error “unable to read anchor point, unable to read DVD”. They won’t play in my computer but if I burn them they will play in my DVD player. How can I fix this problem? I assume it must have something to do with the DRM? Oddly enough really old DVDs work fine; it just seems to be recent productions.

What titles and how are you trying to play ISO’s on the hard drive?

Thank you for response. I’m not actually trying to play them on the hard drive, however I guess I didn’t properly state my problem. I can burn the .iso file to a dvd-r and that disc will in turn play in a conventional DVD player. However what I am trying to do is convert the .iso to an editable video file in my computer, so I can edit out certain content before burning it back to a dvd. My goal is to make G rated versions of PG-13 rated movies so my kids can watch them. With older DVDs this works perfectly, (Back to the Future) but with newer releases (Transformers) I am getting the “unable to read anchor point, unable to read DVD” error when attempting to convert the .iso to an avi, mov, mpeg or any other format. I have been using DVDNextcopy to create the .iso files and FairUse Wizard to convert to avi. Then I edit out the non kid friendly content in RoxioMYDVD10 and burn to DVD. Like previously stated this does work, just not with newer content the process leaves me with an .iso file that I can burn, but not convert. How can I correct this problem?

drsofia try right click on the iso file, click rename, just highlight iso extension not the whole file name then type vob that should let you work with the file. When your done if you wish just change it back to iso.

[QUOTE=drsofia;2086309]Thank you for response. I’m not actually trying to play them on the hard drive, however I guess I didn’t properly state my problem. I can burn the .iso file to a dvd-r and that disc will in turn play in a conventional DVD player. However what I am trying to do is convert the .iso to an editable video file in my computer, so I can edit out certain content before burning it back to a dvd. My goal is to make G rated versions of PG-13 rated movies so my kids can watch them. With older DVDs this works perfectly, (Back to the Future) but with newer releases (Transformers) I am getting the “unable to read anchor point, unable to read DVD” error when attempting to convert the .iso to an avi, mov, mpeg or any other format. I have been using DVDNextcopy to create the .iso files and FairUse Wizard to convert to avi. Then I edit out the non kid friendly content in RoxioMYDVD10 and burn to DVD. Like previously stated this does work, just not with newer content the process leaves me with an .iso file that I can burn, but not convert. How can I correct this problem?[/QUOTE]

Simple answer save your files in Vob format to the projects library instead of iso file and edit the vob files you will be good to go.

I’m working a 12 hour shift today, but will try all of your suggestions tonight when I get home and let you know how they worked out. Thanks for the advice and I will post a result once I have a chance to experiment some more.

Had a chance today at work to run transformers through the laptop again. Used nextdvd to create an ISO file. I renamed it to a vob file but was still unable to open it with either fairuse or sonic/roxio mydvd. Did I miss a step?

I meant just Change the file extension on the original not the iso you made with nextcopy, you should be able to now open it with mydvd.

I honestly never attempted to do what you are trying to do so I tend to say listen to Jethro. I can understand wanting to edit content for the kids though.

Hi Guys, I guess I might be in a little over my head with your explanations of what I should do so please excuse my ignorance when I question what you are trying to explain to me.
Jethro, you said to change the original file from iso to vob, but what original are you referring to? I started with a DVD of the Transformers and all the files on it are ifo, bup or vob. I don’t know what you mean by the original. The only iso of this movie that I have is the one I made with dvdnextcopy pro and that’s the one I’m having trouble with. When I change that extension to a vob I still can’t open it in mydvd. Please let me know what you meant by original? Thanks
Xo rsist suggested that I save the files as vobs rather than iso but I don’t see that as an option in my software. I’m using dvdnextcopy pro and I haven’t got it all figured out but all I’ve seen for options is copy and burn or save to an iso file unless I want to save it as a mobile psp or zune type format. If there are more setting I’m missing please instruct me. I’m sure there is way more this software does beyond what I’ve figured out it can do.
I really do appreciate all of you help and suggestions I just fear I don’t understand enough of the process to make use of your suggestions. Maybe what you’ve suggested works and I’m just doing it wrong?

Which version of “My Dvd” do you have?

Why not just rip with DNC in folder mode rather than ISO? This would make things simple.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2086902]Why not just rip with DNC in folder mode rather than ISO? This would make things simple.[/QUOTE]

:iagree: It would make it awhole lot easier.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2086902]Why not just rip with DNC in folder mode rather than ISO? This would make things simple.[/QUOTE]

yes he would but what he does not understand is that if he does not check the iso box or burn after convert the movie will be saved in the projects library in standard VOB formatand not iso and he will then be able to edit to his hearts content.:cool:

[QUOTE=xorsists;2086964]yes he would but what he does not understand is that if he does not check the iso box or burn after convert the movie will be saved in the projects library in standard VOB formatand not iso and he will then be able to edit to his hearts content.:cool:[/QUOTE]

I think this may be the very part I didn’t understand and was missing. Unfortunately we are leaving tonight on a long weekend 4th of July get-a-way and I may not be able to experiment until after the holiday weekend. But if I get a free moment at work today I will give it a shot and post my results. And to answer an earlier question I have two versions of Mydvd 9 and 10. I’ve been installing and uninstalling 10 because something about the install renders my virtual clone drive inoperable. But that a complete other story for another day:rolleyes: thanks for the help everyone and have a great holiday!!!:bigsmile:

I’m definitely getting closer. Having a slow morning at work so I was able to pop transformers back into the computer and run it through DVDnextcopy pro. I unchecked the boxes for “burn” and “save as ISO” and I ended up with a folder of vob files. I was unable to import the vob into mydvd however I was able to rename the vob as an avi which I was able to import into mydvd. It allows me to edit its content and burn it back to a disc. But and this is a big but, I get no audio once it’s imported to mydvd. The raw renamed avi file does have sound when you play it but once its imported into mydvd for editing I lose it? Any ideas?

Not sure as I don’t have nor use Roxio’s software. Maybe someone else can chime in and suggests what may be the issue. Since it is working till you use MyDVD it has to be that program at fault and you may need to contact them?

Thanks this is def a step in the right direction. I think some experimenting between conversions may be the answer. I’m doing that as we speak. Thanks

It finally worked and I wanted to thank you all for your help. Now my kids can enjoy some of the adventure and superhero movies that I enjoy and I don’t have to worry about my 5 year old having nightmares or repeating words he shouldn’t.

You are welcome and I thank ~Jethro~ as well for the assistance.