Iso file

vbimport

hi all
I hope i’m in the right section:o
I have just done a iso file on my pc I was transferring it to a usb stick which has 6.41gb free the iso file is 4gb so why is it saying not enogh space :confused:

Your stick is probably FAT32 formatted, max filesize ~2 GB.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2622478]Your stick is probably FAT32 formatted, max filesize ~2 GB.[/QUOTE] This is most likely the explanation, although the max file size for FAT32 is just under 4 GiB (not 2 GiB).

how do that happen if it is more space than the iso file
I want to put a file on my usb stick for my sister to play on her dvd player don’t know how or wht format maybe avi
thanks x

If you want to copy files that are 4 GiB or larger to your USB stick, you will have to format the USB stick as NTFS instead of FAT. Formatting will erase all files on the USB stick, and you may have to use Device Manager in Windows to change the device policy to “Optimize for performance” instead of “Optimize for quick removal” before you are even given the choice to format as NTFS.

The .iso is not going to work for this anyway.
I’ve had some success with my DVD player & will post a method for you in the other topic when I’m satisfied . It should be soon & AutoGK looks like the easiest to use for this.
The .avi will be smaller so not a problen for a FAT32 USB flash drive.
I’ve read some players have problems playing from a NTFS drive.

[B]Many[/B] players cannot recognize NTFS formatted media…

thanks for all your replies xx
now I am using convert to dvd but I would like to create chapters but unsure how thanks

Why not use 7-zip or other archiver to split the .iso into 2GB chunks? Look here:

I was thinking of saying the same thing, in terms of resizing. Maybe even compress it and see what happens. (I’m a computer noob, so if I’m wrong don’t get on me lol)

[QUOTE=colbywilson;2648438]I was thinking of saying the same thing, in terms of resizing. Maybe even compress it and see what happens. (I’m a computer noob, so if I’m wrong don’t get on me lol)[/QUOTE]

Hi colbywilson

Welcome to the forum :flower:

You don’t have to worry we don’t bite…[B]well[/B]…maybe sometimes. :bigsmile:

If you have trouble post back and let us know we are always here to help if we can. :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2648448]Hi colbywilson

Welcome to the forum :flower:

You don’t have to worry we don’t bite…[B]well[/B]…maybe sometimes. :bigsmile:

If you have trouble post back and let us know we are always here to help if we can. :wink:

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks :smiley: That’s what I love about the web, everyone’s here to help each other (with a few exceptions)

Most importantly, that’s why I love forums, this is actually only the 2nd forum I’ve used.

Anyways, I was impressed by how fast you can get a response in the forums :smiley:

That’s my rant for now :smiley: I’ll definitely come here if I ever have computer trouble, I think I’m gonna go join a Coding/App Dev forum too :smiley: